I'm excited to announce the release of AppleJack 1.3. Permissions Repair
is now working again in Panther, thanks to help from Josh Wisenbaker.
I've also added a number of features, and many code improvements. The
change log is below:
Download your copy at applejack.sourceforge.net.
#1.3 - Added workaround for diskutil in Panther systems
- Added a utility for validating .plist files. Corrupted files are now
moved to /Library/Preferences (Corrupt). Expanded this facility to
include an option in interactive mode to check individual user's
- Added a very primitive form of logging, so you can have a record of
what AppleJack did. It is located at /private/var/log/AppleJack.log
- changed the user level cache file deletion routine to be more like
the preference validator, allowing AppleJack user to choose a specific
account to target for cleanup.
- Added security checks so that (for example) disk repair will not run
if there is write access to the root volume.
- Added security check for single user mode. A warning is now posted.
- Made certain routines specific to Jaguar or Panther.
- A bazillion other little code improvements.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.