Commercial use of flame render images

Shannon
2011-06-09
2013-04-25
  • Shannon

Shannon - 2011-06-09

Hey,
    What's the community opinion on crediting work done (partially, fully) in Apo?  I sell prints of my fractal work (and I'm clear on what it is, that I used a computer to make it, and that it's essentially math with colors, so I'm not being all shady either) and I'd like to start using my fledgling Apo work too.  So what do people generally do for that?

• Anonymous - 2011-06-09

If you design from scratch, no credit is required but it's always appreciated.  If you use a genome (parameter set) as a starting point, then it might come with conditions (for example, see http://community.electricsheep.org/reuse).

• Shannon

Shannon - 2011-06-09

*breath of relief*  Okay, that's cool.  I build mine ground-up mostly, but I was inquiring into use of a person' script, and she's all over me now because according to her, there is no permissible commercial use of Apophysis (being freeware, and despite the license, near as I can tell), much less her script..  So I wanted to make sure what the general consensus was. :p  Thank you!  I am duly edumacated.  Didn't want to get hammered after I started posting stuff.

• Shannon

Shannon - 2011-06-09

edit: not that I'll be using said script now, since it's been clearly forbidden; but in general.

• Anonymous - 2011-06-09

If that discussion was on a public forum where I can read and comment, then please let me know.  Thanks.

• Piotr Borys

Piotr Borys - 2011-06-09

Well, in general, you can use your works for commercial purposes - but using any scripts needs clarifying that with the author of that script.

• Shannon

Shannon - 2011-06-09

Yeah, that's what I meant.  I won't be using her script, I just wanted to cover my bases via the software itself.
    The discussion took place in DA notes, so I can't really show you, but if anything public results from the discussion, I'll point it out for you.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks