Menu

Source Code

Georg K
2021-12-17
2022-11-18
  • Georg K

Georg K - 2021-12-17

Hello,
    first of, thank you for continuing on this great software and adding value additions to it for the community to use. Contributors like you keep the scene alive.

I would only like to ask you to share the source code of your fork in accordance to the GPL terms your software is subject to. Since I assume you forked from 7X, you can find the license terms here: https://github.com/xyrus02/apophysis-7x/blob/master/LICENSE

Furthermore, you should provide a copy of the license terms in your project as well.

All the best
    Xyrus02
    Developer of Apophysis 7x

• Alice Vital

Alice Vital - 2021-12-21

First, I want to thank you! Without your project's source code, I would not have been able to create a new version of Apophysis. And, better than anyone else, I understand how important source code is to understanding how an application works (and why it sometimes doesn't work as expected). Therefore, the source code will be uploaded definitely. But I'm not ready to do it right now. The fact is that I am not a professional developer (ApophysisAV is the first application I've ever compiled in my life), and have not figured out yet how to use Git (I just started to learn its syntax). Moreover, my source code folder contains a lot of unnecessary backup files that I did not plan to publish and which need to be sorted. In addition, I need to create promptly a user manual with a detailed description of all Apophysis AV new features and bugfixes (there are about three hundred of them). Christmas is coming and I really have no time to deal with all of these things... Therefore, I decided that I will post the code with a new release of the program, which will most likely take place next month. I sincerely apologize for the delay. Hopefully this does not violate the license terms.

• Georg K

Georg K - 2022-01-09

Hi Alice, thanks for your reply.

The commitment of sharing the code is a positive signal, and I'm looking forward to seeing the contributions as written code soon.

If you like, I can help with cleaning up the repository and give some general guidance on the usage of Git as a tool, which makes backup files mostly unnecessary.

Best
      Xyyrus02

• Alice Vital

Alice Vital - 2022-03-09

Thanks for the offer to help, but I think the only way to understand anything is to do it all alone. Since I took on the development, I have to do everything myself. As I promised, the source code is uploaded along with the new Apophysis AV version. The release took place a month later than planned, because, as it turned out, my first source project still contained several (non-obvious) bugs and memory leaks inherited from previous Apophysis branches. To publish it without solving these problems would be irresponsible of me.

• Jed

Jed - 2022-10-02

I have to second Xyrus02's thanks for keeping the Apophysis software moving forward. (My time has been severely limited over the last decade or so, and I haven't had a working Delphi compiler since Turbo Delphi Explorer 2006 on Windows XP...)

I'm glad to see a number of the experimental features I was playing with in Apophysis Mods JK have been incorporated into this version, as well. (I was afraid they had fallen by the wayside, since I haven't been able to get back to the project for so long.) It would be nice to have some of the adopted functionality credited in the source code, but it's not that big a deal.

Keep up the good work!

-Jed

• Alice Vital

Alice Vital - 2022-11-18

Your Apophysis branch is really great, though it is not as popular as the classic 2.09 and 7X versions. Therefore, I could not allow this wonderful app to be completely forgotten. This was one of the components of the meaning that I put into the concept of "Phoenix": to revive the lost Apophysis features by including them into a new software branch. I added your name to the Apophysis Copyright list in all modules that use functions from Mods JK branch in one or another way. I'm sorry I didn't do this earlier. The source code will be updated with a new Apophysis AV release (I can't say for sure when this will happen).