we would like your feedback on this version!!!!
I'm very happy there is this new version!
Even if I'm positive, I can't fully access to the functionalities of apodio because I didn't set up my computer correctly:
- only 3.2 GO RAM appears, the total system RAM is 12 GO (for HD video editing)
- I'm searching a graphic interface for changing resolution of the screen (Im' actually 800x600 or less!). (I'm using the bootable version. My graphic card is an nvidia (gtx285).)
- Actually, the sound seems to works in ardour and in RME HDSP mixer but no real sound goes out… I'm in a rush to play again with PD, supercollider, ardour, ZynAddSubFx… but no output :( > qjack seems to be connected, the RME mixer vu-meters works.
many greetings from Paris! and best wishes
the audio OUTPUT problem is solved thanks to ARDOUR internal tchat interface (thks to the people who help so much!!!)
I regret the "kill" option on right click on windows on frozen apps (the system testing is frozen)
just two important note:
1/ I was using an old CRT screen with a VGA wire. i tried with another screen with DVI and the apodio boot in 1920x1080!!
2/ the 3.4 go are limitation of 32bit OS
Hello again & again!!!
good new, it's so simple to get a good working NVIDIA graphic card by just launching this command logged as ROOT in a terminal (type "su" then "root")
it will automaticly write a configuration file for NVIDIA
then, restart the display server by pressing
log to the account using "linux" password and then you'll enjoy a fast display
again & again & again!!!!
it works so well!!! SUPERCOLLIDER (with Gedit and this tutorial)
everything with JACK
the only thing untested is scan & printer…
maybe more noise battle with SUPERCOLLIDER
more battle when you want!!
printer & scanner tested with a last brother MFC via wifi perfect!!! only depend on your printer & scanner as usual :-)
Hi to all !
I recently installed apodio 8 on my desktop and i have two problems,
first i have a GeForce 7600 GT card and i have the nvidia_173 driver installed witch worked fine on other ubuntu distros.Now i get this message " This driver is activated but not currently in use". I run this command as sudo "nvidia-xconfig" but nothing changed.
The second problem is the sound..
Jack connects sucessfully supercollider connects to it sucessfully too, but i get no sound when i run some code examples..
Same thing with PD.
Thanks in advance..
Hi tasos0017 !
Welcome to Apodio!
Have you tried to use "Additional drivers" in the"> System > Administration > Additional drivers "menu ??
It worked very well with me using a Nvidia GTX 285, giving a full power Nvidia driver
- Does the sound works without using JACK ? Does your computer plays sound when you play an audio file? Have you turned on the levels in the audio mixer???
- then if it works,
- try alsa mixer to check output
- choose jack output in PD
- you may need to setup SuperCollider to add your sound card (sorry I don't remember how to find the set up file neither how to add this line to add your sound card)
This version works well.
I had to uninstall the nvidia drivers for my laptop (vostro 1720) as it has a intel graphics chip.
I am using veejay, fluxus, xwax, sooperlooper at the moment and have put my demo of it on youtube.
Hope you like it!
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.