• APO33

APO33 - 2010-12-30

we would like your feedback on this version!!!!

• toyoto

toyoto - 2011-01-30

I'm very happy there is this new version!

Even if I'm positive, I can't fully access to the functionalities of apodio because I didn't set up my computer correctly:

- only 3.2 GO RAM appears, the total system RAM is 12 GO (for HD video editing)

- I'm searching a graphic interface for changing resolution of the screen (Im' actually 800x600 or less!). (I'm using the bootable version. My graphic card is an nvidia (gtx285).)

- Actually, the sound seems to works in ardour and in RME HDSP mixer but no real sound goes out… I'm in a rush to play again with PD, supercollider, ardour, ZynAddSubFx… but no output :(       > qjack seems to be connected, the RME mixer vu-meters works.

many greetings from Paris! and best wishes

• toyoto

toyoto - 2011-01-30

the audio OUTPUT problem is solved thanks to ARDOUR internal tchat interface (thks to the people who help so much!!!)

• toyoto

toyoto - 2011-01-30

I regret the "kill" option on right click on windows on frozen apps (the system testing is frozen)

• toyoto

toyoto - 2011-01-30

hello again!!

just two important note:

1/ I was using an old CRT screen with a VGA wire. i tried with another screen with DVI and the apodio boot in 1920x1080!!

2/ the 3.4 go are limitation of 32bit OS

• toyoto

toyoto - 2011-01-31

Hello again & again!!!

good new, it's so simple to get a good working NVIDIA graphic card by just launching this command logged as ROOT in a terminal (type "su" then "root")

it will automaticly write a configuration file for NVIDIA
    then, restart the display server by pressing

log to the account using "linux" password and then you'll enjoy a fast display

• toyoto

toyoto - 2011-01-31

again & again & again!!!!

it works so well!!! SUPERCOLLIDER (with Gedit and this tutorial)
    everything with JACK

the only thing untested is scan & printer…

maybe more noise battle with SUPERCOLLIDER

• APO33

APO33 - 2011-03-26

yo cool!!!
    more battle when you want!!
    printer & scanner tested with a last brother MFC via wifi perfect!!! only depend on your printer & scanner as usual :-)

• tasos

tasos - 2011-08-11

Hi to all !

I recently installed apodio 8 on my desktop and i have two problems,
    first i have a GeForce 7600 GT card and i have the nvidia_173 driver installed witch worked fine on other ubuntu distros.Now i get this message " This driver is activated but not currently in use". I run this command as sudo "nvidia-xconfig" but nothing changed.
    The second problem is the sound..
    Jack connects sucessfully supercollider connects to it sucessfully too, but i get no sound when i run some code examples..
    Same thing with PD.

Thanks in advance..

• toyoto

toyoto - 2011-08-12

Hi tasos0017 !

Welcome to Apodio!

Have you tried to use "Additional drivers" in the">  System > Administration > Additional drivers "menu ??
    It worked very well with me using a Nvidia GTX 285, giving a full power Nvidia driver

- Does the sound works without using JACK ? Does your computer plays sound when you play an audio file? Have you turned on the levels in the audio mixer???
    - then if it works,
    - try alsa mixer to check output
    - choose jack output in PD
    - you may need to setup SuperCollider to add your sound card (sorry I don't remember how to find the set up file neither how to add this line to add your sound card)

Good luck!!

• intamixx

intamixx - 2011-12-12

This version works well.
    I had to uninstall the nvidia drivers for my laptop (vostro 1720) as it has a intel graphics chip.
    I am using veejay, fluxus, xwax, sooperlooper at the moment and have put my demo of it on youtube.
    Hope you like it!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks