THIS VERSION PUT ON THE 29TH OF DECEMBER WAS NOT ENTIRELY UPLOAD, PLEASE DON'T USE IT!!!
I AM TRYING TO PUT IT ONLINE, CUT BEFORE THE END!!!
GRRRR SOOON ONLINE
I hope this is the right place for this…
I am still having problems downloading the .iso. Opera says the download was successful but the file size reaches no more than 2.2 GB (I burned this image and saw after non of the choises in the boot menu worked that this file should be 4.1 GB sized). I am using Gentoo Linux witch is more or less up to date (->strange OOffice issue evrythin else works fine) and Opera 11.00 which seems to work fine. The last big file I downloaded successfully was the xonotic preview release (http://dl.mhofstra.nl/xonotic-0.1.0preview.zip) with a file size of 1.3 GB.
During almost every download, and I am pretty sure it was so during every download from sourceforge, Opera showed the full file size, estimated time and remaining time for the download. All of this information was missing during this download.
I have tried to download the file for four times now, I did not have the same outcome every time, the first file reached 900MB, the last one 1.6 GB and the two downloads in between ended up with 2.2 GB …
Trying to manually choose a mirror lead to nothing, netcologne had a 1.6 GB file. I downloaded it in case the ISO should be that small after all (typo or something). Opera showed for this download every information mentioned above as it normally does. I did not want to burn it again and so I compared the md5sums:
$ md5sum apodio8-rc5.iso
$ cat apodio8-rc5.iso.md5
Can anyone confirm this problem or am I the only one having it (would be surprising…).
I would like to download apodio for some friends of mine, they study at a musicians school and i thought apodio might be interesting for them.
If I am really the only one having this problem I hope someone could give some hints on how to solve it.
Again I found lots of typos in my post, I am no native speaker and I have dyslexia, i hope you can understand the text anyway, sorry for this!!
If i wrote "witch" I meant "which" :)
I've done a test download of the latest version, I had no problem 3.8Go…
there was a version earlier the 1st of january which was bad but now it should work perfectly, have you tried again?
Thank you very much for your reply. I now have found the problem and indeed the file on sourcefroge was not the issue. Surprisingly, one of my proxys, either privoxy or polipo, was responsible for the mess. I switched off proxy support in my browser and everything worked as it should be. Although it is really sad seeing such a thing happen, I am happy now to be able to try apodio myself and to hand a copy to some of my friends.
I am sorry for this inconvenience but without any information on whichever side the problem may be, it is a pain to get started solving it…
Thank you again
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.