Training

Sue Sales
2004-08-20
2004-08-20
  • Sue Sales

Sue Sales - 2004-08-20

Hi all
    thought I'd start a thread up for us to share training tips and resources.

A question to all those who've moved from 5.2 to APLAWs +. How are you tackling retraining all your existing APLAWS users to use the APLAWS+?

I know David Fransico from Coventry has a presentation which he's put on his intranet which shows people the steps involved to create an item in APLAWS +. What are you doing?

I thought I might run lecture style sessions. To cram as many in as possible. I've got over 250 people to retrain. I'm hoping if you've got people who are quite familiar with using APLAWS this might be enough for alot of them. I think most changes relate to the fact that authors don't have to plough through loads of folders to get to theirs and the steps are more automated.

• Aingaran Pillai

Aingaran Pillai - 2004-08-20

Have you written any documents / training manuals around this? If so,  can you share them, so we could collate them with ours and provide standard APLAWS+ training manuals and documents.

Ainga

• Anonymous - 2004-08-20

Surely there must be a good deal of documentation out there which is sitting on people's C:\ drives and not doing much good!

Come on all you councils, share share share!!

ps. (we will too, of course).

• Sue Sales

Sue Sales - 2004-08-20

I'd understood that Lyndsey Ould had collated a load of the training documentation that we all produce at the end of the last LAWS project. I haven't started my APLAWS+ training materials yet, we haven't even got a test site here yet for me to get cracking on. However, I got the impression from Jeremy's Documentation list tabled at the last user group that APLAWs User Manuals were available. But I'm not sure where they are going to be posted so that we can download them and start to look at them. 

I'm always willing to share any training material I produce and I'm sure most other councils will too.

• Aingaran Pillai

Aingaran Pillai - 2004-08-20

Yes, we have quite a few documents available. We are in the process of collating and tidying them up before sharing them. We will post them for download from sourceforge.

Also, we are looking to release the documents as open source, under the open source license for documents. This is called GNU Free Documentation License. Details can be found at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html.

Encourage everyone submitting documentation to release their documentation under this license. This ensures that the documents remain in the public domain including any enhancements others may make to it.

Regards,
      Ainga

• James N.

James N. - 2004-08-20

We're certainly happy to share what we've developed if someone tells us how, but it reflects a simplified workflow we are using and some custom content types, so may not be usable for everyone.
      James (Cambridge)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks