I've just installed apexlib 1.6 and trying to get a sampleapp up and running for testing.
So far I've got two issues (out of two tried, in my own application. If I modify the sample-app everything works as a charm, so I have obviously (not?) done something):
Instead of an error like the one in the sampleapp, I get a popup/warning instead, with the following message:
"Message section t13Messages not found. Error: <item> is required."
Apexlib - Handle Error Page from page 0 contains the following:
(Modified from t7 to t13 as I use theme 13)
2) $APEXLIB_MIN_VALUE=0$ AND $APEXLIB_MAX_VALUE=500$
Works like a charm if I modify the salery-part in the sampleapp, but does not work in my app. I can enter both -10 and 510 without any problems.
Anyone with any idea what I could've done wrong?
I have followed the steps from HowToIntegrate.html - into the application (not the base-template).
Oh yea, actually, I tried three things. Also tested out the cascading LOV, works like a dream. So something must've been correct aswell :)
Check again 3.11 of the How-To Integrate document.
"Note: t7 has to be replaced by your theme number! It's also ok if the class name is called t13MessageHolder for example. In that case you have to adapt the apexlib.error.init call to use this class name. The class name is case sensitive!"
It looks like that for theme 13 the class name is called t13MessageHolder, so you have to use
Check if your page item/column has a numeric format mask assigned, otherwise I will not identify it as a numeric item. -> min/max isn't applied.
Hope that solves your problems!
sorry to reply to such an old post, but I'm having the same problem, also with theme 13.
I installed Apexlib v1.7 last week, modified the theme like it says in the instructions.
In the region on page 0, it says t13MessageHolder like above, and when I view the source of my html-page when I'm running the application, I can clearly see there is a <div class="t13MessageHolder"> where the error is supposed to be displayed.
However, when for example a trigger fails, I also get the popup message saying that t13MessageHolder can not be found.
So is there any other solution? I also tried using the name that it has in the instructions (t13Messages, i think it was), but also without success.
I'm using Apex 2.2.1, by the way.
after you get the error message "t13MessageHolder can not be found" can you look again at your HTML code if the placeholder is really there. Maybe the page where it's not working is using a different page template where the t13MessageHolder div is not set correctly in the template.
When I view the page source, I can clearly see the <div> there.
I added <div class="t13MessageHolder"> to every page template now (just to be sure it doesn't use a different template for some reason), and I still get the message. I'm using the one-level tabs page, by the way. Nothing else is changed, except for what it says in the "how to integrate" instructions.
Also, I tried it with a <div id="t13MessageHolder"> but that doesn't make a difference.
In the Error Handle process on page 0, it clearly says t13MessageHolder, so that's set correctly too, I guess.
Oh, I checked with both Internet Explorer 6, and Firefox 3, and in both I get the errorbox.
You can find the e-mail address in the HTML documentation.
thanks, I mailed you at the beta@... mailaddress that was under the contact-link.
I also get this error.
How can I check what my class name is? I tried with both Messages and MessageHolder.
I'm using theme 16.
I found it out...it should be t16messages.
Figure it out this way:
Generate a page with a success message and look what the class name of your enclosing DIV is.
So this case is closed.
I also get this error. I am using theme 16 and have tried using t16MessageHolder, t16Messages & t16messages.
When I look at the class name of the enclosing DIV I see that it is t16messages, so I would expect that the call to apexlib.error.init on page 0 (see below) is correct.
PS - I am using ApexLib 1.7
I missed this comment of yours...
"Check if your page item/column has a numeric format mask assigned, otherwise I will not identify it as a numeric item. -> min/max isn't applied."
It solved my problem.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.