I've just released Aperture 2006.1 alpha 2. This release adds a lot of
crucial implementations and fixes to the previous release, which was
mainly focused on establishing a number of core APIs. The latest release
can be seen as the first release for practical, real world use.
Due to the large number of changes and additions, I only list the most
important functional changes:
- Revised the RDFContainer interface and implementation.
- Extended the number of Extractor implementations from 4 to 17, which
adds support for the various MS Office file formats as well as a
number of other formats.
- Added the DataSource API and utility classes for configuring them.
- Added the DataAccessor API and associated DataObject interfaces for
accessing individual resources, with implementations for the "file",
"http", "imap" and "outlook" schemes.
- Added the Crawler API with implementations for file system crawling,
web crawling, IMAP crawling (all stable) and Outlook crawling (alpha).
- added the LinkExtractor API with an implementation for HTML documents,
primarily meant to facilitate web crawling.
- Added classes for dealing with non-validatable certificates when using
a SSL connection.
- Considerably extended documentation and example code.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.