maven Release 1.5.0 contains a snapshot

Florian R.
2011-06-15
2013-05-13
  • Florian R.

Florian R. - 2011-06-15

Hi,

aperture-core-1.5.0.pom includes mstor with an SNAPSHOT Version (i.e. "the latest available development version"):

http://aperture.sourceforge.net/maven/net/fortuna/mstor/mstor/0.9.13-SNAPSHOT-aperture13/mstor-0.9.13-SNAPSHOT-aperture13.pom
        <parent>
            <artifactId>modularity-parent</artifactId>
            <groupId>net.modularity</groupId>
            <version>1.0.7-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </parent>

could you please fix this for a future release?
    For software versioning and rollout I am not happy about including a SNAPSHOT in our Software.

Thank you,
    Florian

• Chris Bamford

Chris Bamford - 2011-06-15

Hi Florian

Not sure I am the right person to be asking!  Its true I did request a feature which was put into 1.5.0 and as such I now have built my own 'snapshot' locally against that SVN cn (2494).
    However, I do not have write access to any repo, so I guess you need to discuss this with mylka - as he was kind enough to prepare this for me.
    Furthermore, I have no need for a formal SNAPHOT release, as I can rebuild at any time from the SVN cn.

Thanks,

- Chris

• Antoni Mylka

Antoni Mylka - 2011-06-29

See now, with revision 2495 there should be no further SNAPSHOT dependencies in the transitive closure. I took all the projects of benfortuna that we depend on and "released" the current snapshots of them all into our own aperture-repo on sourceforge. They include mstore, ical4j, ical4j-vcard, juicer, modularity-parent and mnode-base. Changed the ical4j version number to proper "1.0", the reast are formed by <version>-SNAPSHOT-20110629. They contain no source modifications, only the poms are modified.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks