Help
jsjsjs1019
2013-03-15
2014-03-17
  • jsjsjs1019

jsjsjs1019 - 2013-03-15

Hello everybody.
    My name is Song JIANG.
    I'm an intern student who has to develop a system based on the project DTS4.
    So I have some questions here:
    1. I’ve seen that DTS4 is an open source project who follows the Apache License 2.0. So does that mean I can download the source code and make some modifications on it by following the Apache License 2.0?
    2. I’ve downloaded the source code from the SVN, it’s very big. So could somebody please send me some documents including more details about the architecture of DTS4, please? Something like a diagram UML describing the architecture, the services that DTS4 provides, the technologies that it uses etc. thanks a lot.
    3. I want to know one more thing: What is the difference between DTS4 and LexEVS? They provide both the services of terminology.

I really need these answers eagerly.

Thanks very much for your patience!!

Song JIANG

• Alba Garcia Jimenez

Hello jsjsjs1019.

Did you have any answer?

• Jack Bowie

Jack Bowie - 2014-03-17
    1. Yes, you are able to make any modifications to the source code
    2. All of the documentation is included in the kit. There are no other high level design documents available at this time.
    3. Your question has many facets and the products are very different. Both products are examples of "vocabulary servers" but their operating architectures, back-end data structures, and APIs are very different. DTS has been developed to support high volume, high performance production environments on industry standard platforms.

If you have a project that is "based on DTS" (requires vocabulary services), then I recommend you review the API documentation and try to use just the executable "out of the box" as much as possible.

If you would like to provide more details on your project, we could offer additional suggestions.