From: Adam Kropelin <akropel1@ro...> - 2006-07-15 18:27:53
I'm pleased to announce a BETA release of the native apcuspd Windows
port (including USB support). This port was started by Kern Sibbald
(many thanks!) and has been undergoing development for several months.
At this time all known bugs and deficiencies have been eliminated.
Therefore the status is now considered BETA instead of ALPHA.
* Native port using mingw32 (no Cygwin!)
* All drivers are ported and tested (smart, dumb, USB, SNMP, net)
* GUI based installer (including USB driver registration where possible)
* Runs as a Windows service for unattended operation
* Extensible event scripting modeled after UNIX version (apccontrol.bat
& event scripts)
* Support for all Win32 platforms since (and including) Win98 SE.
* Must be installed at the root of a drive (C:\apcupsd, D:\apcupsd,
* DEVICE specification for serial ports should be COM1, COM2, etc.
* Other apcupsd.conf settings are identical to standard UNIX version.
* Be sure to install USB driver if you have a USB UPS.
Please report success and/or problems to