From: Adam Kropelin <akropel1@ro...> - 2008-01-20 16:28:32
I am pleased to announce apcupsd-3.14.3, the latest release in the apcupsd
stable series. 3.14.3 fixes several bugs since 3.14.2 and includes a policy
file which prevents the HAL-based USB UPS monitor included in recent Linux
distros from interfering with apcupsd. (Only APC UPSes are blacklisted in
the policy and the file is removed when apcupsd is uninstalled.)
The source tarball, Win32 binary, and MacOS X Darwin packages are available
for download now. Many RPMs are available already, and more will be added
As always, please send questions, problem reports, etc. to the
apcupsd-users mailing list.
3.14.3 -- 20 January 2008 (Maintenance Release)
* A HAL policy file is automatically installed on Linux systems to
the hald-addon-hid-ups module which conflicts with apcupsd's control of
USB UPSes. The file is automatically removed when apcupsd is
* Add support for Nominal Power (aka Configured Active Power) reading.
Credit to Lars Randers <lars@...> for most of the code.
* Add units to NOMINV, NOMOUTV, and NOMBATTV stats.
* Eliminate "warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to
'char*'" warnings emitted from gcc-4.2.1 (earlier versions with
-Wwrite-strings). Contributed by Steve Yarmie <tribhuvanji@...>.
* Fix killpower and eeprom settings bug on USB modules introduced when
INPUT reports were prioritized over FEATURE reports.
* Fix bugs that could cause NIS-net driver to get stuck waiting for
comms to be restored instead of shutting down.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.