Keyframes in a Weight Track double itself after marking and moving

Help
Konrad W.
2021-04-29
2021-05-02
  • Konrad W.

Konrad W. - 2021-04-29

Hello again,
    working now with AoI 3.2.0 (thanks to all of you for this new release!) I'm stumbling a bit in moving marked Keyframes on the score, by dragging:
    After I'd marked a group of Keyframes over several tracks by framing, to drag them into a new position, the keys on the weight tracks doubled and, as I assume, these new copies stayed in the old position. I did expect, that there wouldn't appear copys of keys and all marked keys would move. What did I wrong?

Konrad

• Pete

Pete - 2021-04-29

That sounds strange. If you select keyframes on tracks (including weight tracks) and drag, they should just move. That's how it works to me.

One explanation would seem to be, that you have somehow created double copies of the keyframes on the exact same times (I don't know how that happens, at least Bulk Edit - Copy refuses to do that directly). Then there is no telling what the dragged keyframes will do: When I just tested, at first all of them moved but dragging them forth and back, some of them were dropped of the selection and stopped at different times on the timeline. At least at first sight I saw no clear logic on which ones stopped moving.

• Konrad W.

Konrad W. - 2021-04-30

Thank you, Pete, for your fast answer. The only thing I could bring together with double keyframing at the same time is my keyboard, which in writing sometimes delivers double letters, when I'm pushing a key to hard. Ok, this could be part of an explanation. But on the other hand you partly could evoke the dropping of keys out of a selection.
    Edit: Sometimes it also happens, trying to drag a marked bulk of keyframes, only that one Keyframe nearest to my mousepointer moves.
    Should I write a ticket to the bug tracker?

Last edit: Konrad W. 2021-05-01
  • Luke S

Luke S - 2021-05-01

I have not been able to duplicate any of this...

trying to drag a marked bulk of keyframes, only that one Keyframe nearest to my mousepointer moves.

This particular line makes me think that you are also having de-bounce issues with your mouse --Instead of reading a MouseDown + Drag, (What you're doing with the mouse) it's seeing something like:

• Click-Release (deselects everything)
    • MouseDown + Drag happens to wipe over the near keyframe
    • Another release allows wipe to select that keyframe
    • Another MouseDown + drag moves the new selection

Do you have a spare mouse to test with? They do wear out. (mine was giving me fits last summer with very similar behavior in other applications.)

• Konrad W.

Konrad W. - 2021-05-02

Thank you Luke S. for your notes, too! Well, I had to change mouse and keyboard in one cableless USB device because of some other troubles with my laptop half a year ago. So I guess you are right. Sorry for "blaming AoI"! Thank you all again for your help!

• Luke S

Luke S - 2021-05-02

So, did that fix it? I wasn't certain, I just thought that it would be worth checking...

• Konrad W.

Konrad W. - 2021-05-02

I had no chance to check. But for me it sounds reasonable to have also a look onto the older equipment I'm using: As I can remember these events first came up to me with AoI 3.1 with the new mouse and keyboard I had to use since then. Therefore I'm convinced now, that it's obviously my hardware causing trouble at times. Up to now things didn't occur again however. So I'm able to go on with my work. Thank you once more!

Last edit: Konrad W. 2021-05-02