3d Image rendering problem

Help
JSSavage
2012-09-10
2013-06-05
  • JSSavage

JSSavage - 2012-09-10

I have been usng AoI for a while now to create 3d images, and have now met with the first problem that I can't figure out myself.

I have a 3d image created with 31 objects, but when I render it some of the objects do not show on the render.

If I use Raytracer most of the scene is there, but there are a few things missing. If I use Raster only a few of the objects are present, all of which are from the ones that are missing from a Raytracer render.

I am baffled. Completely.

Do any of you wiser, more knowledgable folk have any ideas? I am not computer literate or technical to any degree; I can follow instructions and do what us uneducated people are told to do to use a programme, so an technical answers are likely to confuse me unless accompanied by a 'step by step guide for idiots'.

Thanks in advance for any help that comes.

• Peter Eastman

Peter Eastman - 2012-09-11

It's hard to guess at the problem based just on that description.  Can you post the scene file somewhere so we can look at it?

Is it possible the missing objects are actually behind the camera, or so close to it they're getting clipped?

Peter

• JSSavage

JSSavage - 2012-09-11

Ok…

It's here:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2012/9/11/3346324/ZevonPython.aoi

It's a gun for an RPG, so it's all one object made up of all the constituent objects, so it should all be visible from the camera.

Again, thanks in advance for any help :)

• helge-h

helge-h - 2012-09-12

Looks like something wrong with a boolean: I converted FrontSparT and FrontSparB to trimesh (and maybe one more, don't remember exactly). I narrowed it down by hiding all objects and showing one by one.

H

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks