pencilart - 2014-05-21

n/m I figured it out.

Last edit: pencilart 2014-05-22
  • Pete

Pete - 2014-05-22

This seems to be the latest trend here :D

• Peter Eastman

Peter Eastman - 2014-05-22

Darn it! That's the second message in a row I clicked on to reply, only to find out the poster had already solved it. :)

Peter

• pencilart

pencilart - 2014-05-22

Aww, poor guys!
    Wanna know how I solved my problem?
    After not making glassy stuff for Sweethome 3D, I had forgotten that you have to name the transparent object: "sweethome3d_window_pane" in order for it to have transparency.
    So, I simply forgot! Next time, remind me that has to be done.

Anyway, I shall be putting on the finishing touches to my chandelier and importing it into sh3d and I can post the rendering from it if you kind dudes want.

Thanks much!

• Pete

Pete - 2014-05-31

Nice pic. I only wish it was larger to see the details.. :) (392x209 is all I get)

• pencilart

pencilart - 2014-06-01

I will try to get an even larger one soon. The larger render takes a loong time.
    I am attaching a render that was done aftrr I edited the .obj in a text editor...asigning the color as "amber_trans"

• pencilart

pencilart - 2014-06-01

here is the larger render...

The first one in line is from trying to get the glass lighter and a peachy color.
      The second one is the original, the glass is set not quite as transparent.
      The third one is the one that I went into the .obj and edited the glass color myself: (usemtl amber_trans).

I put a few of SweetHome3D's lights (the firelight glow one) onto the chandelier, that is why there is the orangy lighting.

Last edit: pencilart 2014-06-01

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks