BeanShell has become pickier

Pete
2015-12-16
2015-12-18
  • Pete

Pete - 2015-12-16

Hi.

I noticed that a BSh script form 2008 was not working any more. The problem was that I had not defined some of the variables but trusted the BeanShell interpreter to do that.

What seems to happen is, that if a variable appears for the firs time eg. inside an if-block, then the interpreter does not handle it any more automatically. I'm pretty sure that I have seen this happen with some other scripts as well. Can't say for how long.

Hence an updated version of the Circular Array script: http://www.kuukahvila.com/peteihis/AOI/script/Circular%20Array%201.1.bsh

(The script was never in the official library. Now I'm working on turning it into a plugin)

-Pete-

• Luke S

Luke S - 2015-12-18

@Pete, when did you upgrade AOI? I think you are on windows, correct? The original release of 3.0.2 had a version of beanshell that had compatibility problems with some scripts...

See [bugs:491] and [5f4b87cb]

if you downloaded before the fixed build was posted, 08/16/2015, you are probably running into that same issue. Easy way to check: what is the exact name of the beanshell .jar in /lib?

Related

Discussion: 5f4b87cb

• Pete

Pete - 2015-12-18

bsh-2.0b5.jar

That is probably it.

Last edit: Pete 2015-12-18
  • Luke S

Luke S - 2015-12-18

Definitely it. And since beanshell is no longer being actively developed, we'll have to stick with our old version that works. I would recommend a reinstall for your use case.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks