openConnection Exception Invalid channel ID

Help
sur3857
2008-07-14
2012-12-10
  • sur3857

sur3857 - 2008-07-14

I got this message when trying to connect from two different Nokia Phones (5610 & 2630) using channel 19.

When I insert the BT address manually to use channel 10 (and configuring the server to also use channel 10), I see no errors.

I will compile the Jar client to use this channel. Could this be an app option with a default value?

• Mike

Mike - 2008-07-14

Could You please investigate which application uses channel 19 ?

Actually it is anyRemote responsibility (not java client ) to choose channel to use.

If You use gAnyremote/kAnyremote open Setup->Properties dialog and set "Override Device parameter" as bluetooth:10
      If You run anyremote from command line use "-s bluetooth:10" parameter.

Besides of that, does 5610 & 2630 works well with anyRemote ?

• sur3857

sur3857 - 2008-07-15

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried with "Override Device parameter" using bluetooth:10, also by changing "Device" option in every conf file (prior to realize the first option ;)

But none of these works. When the phone finishes searching services, it shows correctly host-anyRemote, but it does not connect, only when inserting BT address manually.

I saw in client's code that there is a default channel (19), for that reason I tried to compile the client (now i am having something like "Incorrect version information" error, when running it)

> Besides of that, does 5610 & 2630 works well with anyRemote ?

Yes, besides that, it works fine in both phones.

--
        Paul

• Mike

Mike - 2008-07-15

1. there is no needs to recompile java client. Default port only showed
      in "Enter BT address" menu to simplify user input. It is possible to change it
      in that menu.

2. When You tried to change "Override Device parameter" do You restart bluetooth service ?
      It needs to restart bluetooth service if You want to change channel (it needs to do so
      to clean-up previously created registration for channel #19)

• sur3857

sur3857 - 2008-07-16

1. That is right.

2. Yes, i restarted bluetooth service.

Still do not know what may be the problem. Thanks.

• Mike

Mike - 2008-07-16

Could You please investigate which application uses channel 19 ?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks