Error on phone (openConnection Exception)

Help
dom
2009-01-28
2012-12-10
  • dom

dom - 2009-01-28

Hello,

I am using gAnyRemote on Ubuntu Intrepid an am using a Nokie 6233.
    Curiously, anyremote worked before on my phone. I used a very old version both on my laptop and on my phone, but it was a little buggy, so I decided to reinstall the whole thing.
    gAnyRemote works fine on the computer, I can send files to the phone and I find the computer. But when I try connecting I get a touchpad with only locks as buttons, and the following error:

openConnection Exception
    javax.bluetooth.BluetoothConnectionException null

When I try to re-transfer the Java application to the phone, one of the two files throws an error. I couldn't capture it, because the window closed too quickly. But I saw something with openBox on it.

Any suggestions?

• dom

dom - 2009-01-28

Here, more info:

http://vinylkoffer.de/upload/uploads/images/anyremote.png
      this is the error I get when I try transferring the Java files. I selected the 64px version and both jar and jad. I can start the application on the cell phone, but then I get the keypad with the locks on it. Apparently only one of the two files is being transferred to the phone, but where can I get the other files?
      I tried downloading all kinds of versions from the main page, but it doesn't make any difference - it's always the same error.
      I don't really want to go back using the old version, so if someone could help me that'd be really great!

• Mike

Mike - 2009-01-28

Looks strange ...
        Could You please re-pair phone and PC and try again.
        Be sure bluetooth adapter is in discoverable mode
        (hciconfig hci0 piscan)

• dom

dom - 2009-01-28

I've reconnected phone and PC plenty of times, but no difference. I set my bluetooth on the PC to always visible.

• Mike

Mike - 2009-01-29

>I've reconnected phone and PC plenty of times
            reconnect or re-pair ? these are the quite different things.

• dom

dom - 2009-01-29

Apparently that wasn't the problem: I can now connect on certain applications/configuration files.
              I always connected with the amarok Bemused service, or with the All-in-One AT service. What exactly is the difference? Can I just kill all AT services, or will they work?

• Mike

Mike - 2009-01-29

it is funny ... Nokia's does not works in AT mode

>Can I just kill all AT services, or will they work?
                What do You mean ?
                There are no services. There are configuration files. In configuration
                file for say,  Amarok it is written how to control Amarok.
                And if You run anyRemote with that configuration file
                then anyRemote will know how to control Amarok.

If You use Bemused client or anyremote java client on the phone then AT-mode is definitely
                wrong. You need to use Server-mode or Bemused emulation configuration files.

For details see:
                http://anyremote.sourceforge.net/mode.html

• dom

dom - 2009-01-29

Ok I think I figured it out.
                  I selected the wrong files (AT-Mode), but now everything works great.
                  This is truly the greatest application I've used in a long time.
                  Are there any more configuration files except the ones shipped with the package itself?

• Mike

Mike - 2009-01-30

Just write one by Youself and share with others :-)

• Nisse

Nisse - 2009-02-10

I can report a similar problem - I might get exactly the same error message but am not sure, what I get is:
      openConnection Exception
      javax.bluetooth.BluetoothConnectionException

but I don't know if there's still a "null" after that because it would be outside the screen. The error message, however, continues with:

Exception SymbianOS error = -6312:
      General:
      System error

• Nisse

Nisse - 2009-02-10

Follow-up since I'm evidently bad at reporting problems: I get that randomly - almost half the time but haven't found a pattern yet. I've tried disconnecting before exiting and simply exiting since I considered it possible that that affected it but it doesn't seem to. So far, I've gotten around it by simply restarting the app - strangely it hasn't happened twice in a row yet so maybe something is reset after exit. I'll try to investigate further.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks