Menu

Anyone using Ezboxx.Anthem and intentions?

Stuart Dee
2009-03-15
2013-06-03
  • Stuart Dee

Stuart Dee - 2009-03-15

Hi,

I've been using the orignal anthem for a while and its brilliant
    I saw in a forum that Ezboxx have taken Anthem and providing updates to it. Great Idea

However

Is anyone using it ?
    Whats Ezboxx strategy with this ?

For example it its free why not post it on Sourceforge rather than their site ?
    or are they going to offer it free for a while then charge everyone for the privilage.
    Which obviously Anthem was NOT about!!

If Ezboxx want to make all anthem users aware of it. They should really post all the code on here!!

• Zan

Zan - 2009-03-16

Heya,

Ezboxx.Anthem is free and always will be.
      There's a few reasons why we we're not using source forge though.

1. Source forge forums are quite lame.
      2. source forge source control is a pain in the butt.
      3. we want the anthem code to be an advertising mechanism for Ezboxx in general and so we want people visting our site.

But none of the reasons are becuase we have plans to start charging for it.
      on our SVN repository we already have a public read only account where you can freely download the latest guff, so you are in no way limited to waiting for releases from us or the like.

• Stuart Dee

Stuart Dee - 2009-03-16

Oh come lame excuse!! Sourceforge has been around for ages and is a mature site.
      You just want people to go to your site.

In the interest of open source,keeping all the code in one place
      You would be better off putting here and having a link to your site.

I think you'd get alot more QDOS from the community rather than making people go somewhere they dont really want to go!!!
      I certainly have been put off upgrading and probably alot more people will too.

Be interesting to see what other people think

• Zan

Zan - 2009-03-16

lol, AOL is also "Mature" ... it don't make it good.

there is a swathe of smaller issues too, things like stepping ont eh original anthems toes.
        the fact that I really dislike having to cme to source forge to answer posts when 99% of all support for Ezboxx related stuff (alot more than anthem going on) is at ezboxx.

why should I waste time admining multiple sites. and yes I did state that we want people to come visit ezboxx, I was very open about that as you can read from not just my previous reply to you, but also in several other posts here on source forge (anthem forums).

I'm sorry that you are unable to look beyond the fact that "it's not at source forge" but we're a business and though we've already commited to ensuring Anthem is free for everyone always, there are always time costs when you have mutiple instances of support going on.

I mean we even tapped into the plesk API so that all support tickets created by our hosting clients have their support requests logged at the main ezboxx tickets module instead of within the default plesk control panel, cos then we can use our SMS notifications code and all the good stuff that we need.

We also will be releasing an SLA for companies in regards to Anthem bugs and stuff and so we want to use our forms for managing this.  to me it just makes sense.

not using sorce forge is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

cheers :)

• iomega55

iomega55 - 2009-05-27

Where can somebody get the latest version of Ezboxx?

It could be nice if you can publish it. The latest version.