Contributing to the project

Help
Ronald
2007-12-13
2013-04-24
  • Ronald

Ronald - 2007-12-13

Hello,

Im a experienced C++ programmer and we decided to use a continuous build system at our company a couple of monts ago. Thats when I get to know cctasks, what a wonderful tool!!!
    In our company we use Borland C++ Builder (Argh!). Till this point cctask handled everything very well.
    We have been using a compiler wrapper from Jomitech (R) (TwineCompile) that basically adds parallel build capabilities to Borland's compiler that reduced 10 times our build time!!! There are a couple of small differences between building with the original compiler and with the wrapper.
    To make our lifes better we needed to put support into cctask to handle that.
    I personally dislike doing hacks at open source projects so... I would like to contribute with my code to the project to make it official (if accepted of course). I really would like to help with this project since I loved it since I knew it. If that is not possible I would like to know how to submit my changes to be analysed and maybe become official :).

Thanks in advance

Ronald Paloschi

• Curt Arnold

Curt Arnold - 2007-12-13

I would not expect any problems accepting either a new compiler adapter or enhancements to the Borland adapter.  I expect to a flurry of changes between now and the new year (mainly around IDE generation, but then I've been saying that for a long time) and then a release.  I'd expect that should be able to get the patch in fairly quickly.

I'd prefer if you submit your changes first as a bug report for review.  The adapter should be pretty localized, so doing it as a patch should not be too troublesome.  If you are anticipating doing something with a wider scope where SVN commit access would be very helpful, discuss it on the mailing list first and if it seems good, then adding commit rights can occur very quickly.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks