Glossaries not working // OO3 OS X

Help
Felix L.
2008-11-04
2012-09-14
  • Felix L.

Felix L. - 2008-11-04

Hi there,

I´m using OO3 for Mac and can not get the glossaries to work.

I can create a new glossary, but can not add terms.

Whatever I try to do (in the preferences as well) the following error msgs are displayed:

"No User Glossary selected" (I have created several)

Trying to change the glossary prefs fails ... "Are you sure you do not want to use glossaries?"

Please, please help :-)

Thx in advance!

• nkarm

nkarm - 2009-06-09

Dear Oleg,

I have the same problem as Felix and Paul Martin. Using v 3.1.0 on a OS X 10.5.7.

The new glossary does not seem to be recognized after its been created and saved. (with or without the Use Glossaries box ticked, as suggested above).

Although the Setup window Glossary tab points out the Current Glossary to the created glossary, when clicking the Add term button the soffice message prompts: No user glossary file is selected.

Please notify if there is some activity concerning this issue.

Best,
      Nina

• Ole Yansen

Ole Yansen - 2009-06-09

Err... seems there is problem in Mac OS X with Openoffice dialogs.
        Try to check "Use Office Save/Load dialogs" checkbox in "Setup" tab.
        Let me know if it helps.

Best regards, Oleg.

• Ole Yansen

Ole Yansen - 2009-06-09

Hi

In order to add terms you should select user glossary by pressing "User Glossary" button.

Unfortunatelly I have no Mac for tests, so, please let me know if this solution is not working.

Best regards, Oleg.

• Ole Yansen

Ole Yansen - 2008-11-05

Hi Felix

> I can create a new glossary, but can not add terms.
      You can add terms in user glossary only. So you need to open one as User Glossary.
      If you have no glossary at all, create new one, select it as User Glossary, and dont forget to check "Use Glossaries" checkbox.
      After that you will be able to add your own terms in glossary.
      BTW, if you select Source/Target pair in document (with Ctrl), it appeared in Add dialog.
      So there is no need to type it by hand ;-)

Regards, Oleg

• Felix L.

Felix L. - 2008-11-05

Thanks for your help.

Thatworks as described with OO 2.4 on Windows XP and OS X, but doesn´t work with OO3.0 :-(

When using OO3, following happens:

When trying to create a user glossary, Anaphraseus asks "Are you sure you want to use no glossary?"

But both options, "Yes" and "No" do not have any effect. The dialog quits and nothing happens.

I think it is a kind of incompatibility with OO3 (OS X)?

Thanks!

BTW: I do have another question (maybe stupid): How do i open/use the glossary when i want to look up term ? In the source text segment the word which was found in the glossary is highlighted. But how do i use it /view the glossary entries?

Thank you very much for your help.

• Ole Yansen

Ole Yansen - 2008-11-07

Hi Felix

OpenOffice 3.0 is still raw in my opinion.
          About glossaries - it just <TAB> separated text files.
          You can read it in any texteditor (Notepad, for example). View/edit dialog is not constructed yet.
          More info about memory, glossaries etc you can get in Wordfast Manual (http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=downloadpage&lang=engb).

Regatrds, Oleg

• Felix L.

Felix L. - 2008-11-05

Addition to the last question:

I meant the following: Is there any UI or dialog to view the glossary?

• Paul Martin

Paul Martin - 2008-11-10

Just wanted to add my 2 pennies worth.
      I'm having troubles with this extension aswell. I can't choose a TM or a Glossery.
      I'm running a Vista machine and OOo 3.
      However a friend of mine using a XP machine with OOo 3 has no problem whatsoever.