Menu

Site updated - new snapshot

2000-12-30
2001-01-31
  • Andrew Wooldridge

I posted a new snapshot zip file of the source.  Som of the improvements include - status screens, player stats, creatures can damage and kill player, improvements in speed overall.

Amoeba is starting to shape up a bit. You could actually make a game with it , sorta.  Next week I'm tackling save/load and starting on the map editing program...

I look forward to comments and questions...

• Andrew Sayman

Andrew Sayman - 2001-01-09

First of all:
      I love where the project seems to be going. The editor is great.

The only issue I see so far is that tiles must be defined outside of the main xul file. Same with game events. I don't know how hard it would be to make game events into the xul file but I know that tiles can be defined there with little problem. (I'll volunteer myself to work on doing this if nobody else would rather)

• Andrew Wooldridge

Yeah, I've been "cheating" with defining the tiles and stuff with javascript. I want to create some XBL to map tags to the existing data structures so that they can be included in the map file.  Feel free to play with the code to see what you come up with :)

• Andrew Sayman

Andrew Sayman - 2001-01-31

I tried not changing your setup with tiles so much by reading in tile tags and using an eval statement to create the tileMap array. It worked in the tilemap tree, but in the demo game nothing worked. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something I don't know about how eval works. I was actually amazed that it worked at all.
          I have feeling a lot of the current tiling code would have to change to define it with xbl outside of the javascript file.