I have just released the 0.1.4 version of AMaViS-ng. It is available
As always, I am eager to receive feedback, especiallt WRT the
integration of the Milter interface via amavis-milter.c.
AMaViS-ng is a rewrite of amavis-perl/amavisd.
What is different from amavisd/amavis-perl
* No build-time configuration. All configuration is done at run-rime
via a INI-style configuration file.
* The parts of AMaViS-ng are built as Perl modules with well-defined
intrfaces. This will hopefully make it easier to extend it.
* Module for running AMaViS as an SMTP gateway. This should make it
possible to integrate it into virtually every MTA setup. The idea
for this comes from Rainer Link's experimental amavisd-smtp.
* External programs are only used where absolutely necessary. this
should result in a lower load.
* A setup for Exim with embedded Perl is supported. In this case,
AMaViS runs inside the Exim process.
* Resource limits on the size and number of unpacked files can be
configured to prevent mailbombs from hosing the mail server.
- Fewer virus scanners are supported. See README.
Changes for 0.1.4:
* Support for OpenAntiVirus ScannerDaemon
* Support for Sendmail's Milter interface
* Added tool "amavis-inject" for re-injecting messages that have been
quarantined or put into the problems directory
* Support for multiple admin addresses
* More robust handling of broken MIME attachments
* More robust handling of directory names
* Moved "problem dir" setting into [global] section of configuration
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.