The Amanda core team is pleased to announce the
second beta release of Amanda 2.5.1, the 2.5.1b2 release.
Source tar ball can be downloaded from
RPMs are also available for following platforms:
- Red Hat Enterprise server 4,
- Red Hat Enterprise server 3
- Suse Linux Enterprise 9,
- Suse Linux Enterprise 10,
- Open Suse 10.0,
- Fedora Core 3,
- Fedora Core 4,
- Fedora Core 5 and
- Source RPM
You can find the updated man pages and documentation in http://wiki.zmanda.com/
Please report bugs found in these RPMs in sourceforge bug
tracker (use group v2.5.1b2)
The list of new features in 2.5.1 beta releases:
* Defects found by Coverity scan and Klocwork K7 analysis tools fixed.
* Works with GNU tar 1.15.91 - work with new gtar state file format.
* Open SSL encryption support
* Two new authentication methods: bsdtcp, bsdudp.
* Unlimited number of DLEs on a client with bsdtcp, rsh and ssh authentication methods.
* Recovery process amrecover uses Secure API. amoldrecover command (same syntax and functionality as amrecover command) is provided for compatibility with old Amanda releases. amoldrecover command uses old amidxtaped/amindexd protocol.
* Amanda debug files are separated into client/server/amandad and are also classified based on Amanda configuration name.
* Amanda command changes
o amfetchdump -o is replaced by -O.
o amcheck -w option does all tests including the tape writable test. Use amcheck -t -w to do only the tape writable test.
o -o command option to override Amanda configuration. See amanda man page for details.
o amgetconf command doesn't write the BUGGY message when a entry is not found in the configuration file.
* Amanda configuration file changes
o amrecover_do_fsf in amanda.conf defaults to yes
o amrecover_check_label in amanda.conf defaults to yes
o usetimestamps in amanda.conf to support multiple backup runs in a calendar day.
o holdingdisk in amanda.conf supports new values: NEVER, AUTO, REQUIRED.
o amandad_path, client_username and ssh_keys in amanda.conf for ssh/rsh authentication.
o New amanda client configuration file - amanda-client.conf. Different client configuration file can be used for each Amanda configuration.
o gnutar_list-dir and amandates can be specified in Amanda client configuration file - amanda-client.conf
o .amandahosts format changes to allow use of secure API for recovery.
o Amanda service entries in xinetd configuration has changed.
Log in to post a comment.