The Amanda team is pleased to announce the release of Amanda 2.5.0
Significant features have been added in this release:
* Communication security/authentication: Kerberos 4/5, OpenSSH
* Data security: Symmetric/Assymetric encrytion algorithms (aespipe
and gpg encryption), Encryption can be done on server or client,
Custom encryption utilities can be used.
* Compression: Ability to add custom compression tools. This is a
really useful feature especially since it can specified for a
DLE.User can use different compression algorithm for images, binaries,
ascii files and so on.
* Dump images spanning multiple media volumes - Dump images are no
longer restricted to a single media volume (tape or vtape). Data
restoration can be done using amrecover and amfetchdump commands.
* Auto tape labeling - This optional feature is good for disk backups.
2.5.0 source tar ball can be downloaded from
Amanda 2.5.0 RPMs (binary and source RPMs) are available for
- Red Hat Enterprise server 4.0,
- Suse Enterprise 9.0,
- Open Suse 10.0,
- Fedora Core 3 and
- Fedora Core 4
Please report any bugs found in this release in sourceforge bug
tracker (use group v2.5.0).
Amanda development team
Log in to post a comment.