From: Dave Rolsky <autarch@ur...> - 2002-09-19 22:27:47
What, almost two months between releases?! I must be slowing down.
Vacations will do that to you.
This release corrects a rather nasty bug in the schema creation side of
Alzabo, as well as a number of other bugs.
Alzabo is a program and a module suite, with two core functions. Its first
use is as a data modelling tool. Through either a schema creation
interface or a perl program, you can create a set of schema, table,
column, etc. objects to represent your data model. Alzabo is also capable
of reverse engineering your data model from an existing system.
Its second function is as an RDBMS to object mapping system. Once you have
created a schema, you can use the Alzabo::Runtime::Table and
Alzabo::Runtime::Row classes to access its data. These classes offer a
high level interface to common operations such as SQL SELECT, INSERT,
DELETE, and UPDATE commands.
Please see http://www.alzabo.org/ for more info. Alzabo can be installed
via the CPAN shell or downloaded from SourceForge.
0.69 September 19, 2002
- Add count method to Alzabo::DriverStatement objects.
** - A particularly nasty bug sometimes manifested itself when
removing a foreign key. This bug caused the deletion of all foreign
keys involving the _corresponding_ column(s) in the foreign table.
Needless to say, this could make a big mess.
- A join that included a where clause with an 'OR' generated improper
SQL. Reported by Ilya Martynov.
- Calling the Alzabo::Runtime::JoinCursor->next_as_hash method when
the query involved an outer join could cause a runtime error.
- In where clause specifications, 'and' and 'or' were only being
allowed in lower-case. They are now allowed in any case.
- Aliases did not work in outer joins. This has been fixed.
- Using outer joins was a bit fragile, in that the order of the outer
join in the context of the other joins could cause Alzabo to generate
incorrect SQL. Now outer joins should work no matter what.
- A couple links in the schema creator had a hardcoded ".mhtml"
extension, as opposed to using the value of
Alzabo::Config::mason_extension(). Patch by Scott Lanning.