In file included from Message.h:10,
                     from Folder.h:11,
                     from Server.h:12,
                     from Althea.h:12,
                     from Althea.cpp:8:
    connection.h:13: openssl/ssl.h: No such file or directory
    connection.h:14: openssl/rand.h: No such file or directory
    make: *** [Althea.o] Error 1

openssl is installed. all the gtk stuff is also installed.

I am running Progeny Debian. I can only find a debian package for 0.4.something. That installed fine.

Thanks

• Daler

Daler - 2001-05-23

How exactly is openssl installed?  We've discovered that you need the development parts of openssl too.  I know RedHat has 2 seperate rpms for openssl, i.e., openssl and openssl-devel.  That devel package contains those header files that you seem to be missing.  I'm sure Debian has something similar.  Or if you installed openssl from source, you should be able to install those development parts.  If you are absolutely sure that you have those files (i.e., you do and find / -name ssl.h -print), then its time to start looking at include paths.  Let me know if you need help with that. 

• Dave Bauer

Dave Bauer - 2001-05-23

Yes, I installed the openssl source, its in usr/local/src/openssl-0.96

The header files are in the include directory /usr/local/src/openssl-0.96/openssl/include

Can I specify where to look for these in the makefile?

Thanks!

• Daler

Daler - 2001-05-23

Yes I believe if you add a -I/usr/local/src/openssl-0.96/openssl/include to the end of DEBUGFLAGS in the Makefile it should compile.  However, I think the files in question are references by #include <openssl/ssl.h> so it may look for an openssl directory inside of /usr/local/src/openssl-0.96/openssl/include.  Isn't there some option to make install with openssl?  Does that install the .h files?  Well regardless add -I<path to ssl.h and rand.h minus openssl directory name> like so:

DEBUGFLAGS = -Wall -ftemplate-depth-30 -g -I/usr/local/src/openssl-0.96/openssl/include

• Dave Bauer

Dave Bauer - 2001-05-23

Thanks!

OK I almost made it to the end. Here is the error message I am getting now:

/collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [all] Error 1

• Dave Bauer

Dave Bauer - 2001-05-25

I got it to build finally. I commented out the stuff in the makefile for SSL.

OK so I setup an IMAP server account and try to get the mail, it quits at 48% Althea closes and prints "aborted" to the console.