Alliance 1.0.7 Beta 2 (with groups feature)

DeathfireD
2009-04-22
2013-05-01
  • DeathfireD

DeathfireD - 2009-04-22

So far no one has reported any bugs in Beta 1 (found here https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3221875&forum_id=568436\) so he is beta 2. Please report all bugs or suggestions for BETA 2 in this thread.

Changelog
    1.0.7 BETA - 2009-04-22

+ SSL's label now shows the bit rate (ie. AES128bit) (thanks Bastvera)
        + Default Hash speed was changed from 3mb/s to 50mb/s (thanks Bastvera)
        + Added Https:// and Ftp:// links support in chat. (thanks Bastvera)
        + Changed chat behavior ("HTML no longer allowed in chat" still was possible and could bring crashes). (thanks Bastvera)
        + Added 2 icons (with /clearlog and /clear functionality) to chat window. (thanks Bastvera)
        + Added /clearlog command. Clears the chat log file. (thanks Bastvera)
        + Added groups (Networks) feature. (thanks Bastvera)
        + Fixed bug: double folder adding. People can't add the same folder twice in Alliance's share list anymore. (thanks Bastvera)
        + Fixed bug: problem with autohash after adding new folders. (thanks Bastvera)
        + Fixed bug: counter of shared files. Alliance should show the correct number of files your sharing at the bottom right now. (thanks Bastvera)
        + Minor bug fixes and improvements. (thanks Bastvera)
        + Improved scalability of Alliance: uses even less memory when connected to many users
        + Move to top/bottom in download que (thanks bucketsort)
        + Better handling of Alliance settings folder in Linux - ends up in user home (thanks bucketsort)
        + Chat log history is more often saved (thanks bucketsort)
        + Older chat messages are shown with time AND date (thanks bucketsort)

Alliance Windows stand alone exe - http://www.mediafire.com/?muzmxd1jym3

Alliance source code - http://www.mediafire.com/?ztlzvni5b2n

• Tim

Tim - 2009-04-23

Indeed Beta 1 was much more stable than latest offical release.
      Even more happier to try this :)
      Tim

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2009-04-23

Anyone want to compile this for OS X?  I have no idea where to begin with the source code.

• Tristan Lear

Tristan Lear - 2009-04-24

i just finally figured out how to make it work in linux with netbeans

they have instructions on the main website, in developers corner

just add to those directions that you need to move the stuff from /alliance/res/res to /alliance/res/

in netbeans, right click the top of the tree, select build

move the contents from /alliance/dist to /alliance

i know nothing about java

• Tim

Tim - 2009-04-26

Found a bug I havent seen before.
      When uploading, the graph is not displaying anything. But the upload tab is.

• DeathfireD

DeathfireD - 2009-04-27

Can you explain further? Are you talking about the black graph or the  two blue bars?

Is there a way to recreate the problem?

• Tim

Tim - 2009-04-27

Oh the speed meter (two blue bars) are okay. But not the black diagram. It's actually not even showing the download graph either despite restart.

I have no idea how to simulate the problem. It was just there. Same problem on my other computer also running Beta 2.

Btw, look at the nickname issue in the other new thread. It might be related to Beta 2.

• Tim

Tim - 2009-04-27

On the downloads tab I discovered a few issues.

* Percentage meter is not animating and says "queued" while the speed column displays a downloading speed.
      * Moving downloads up and down in priority list is just acting crazy. Selecting a file and moving it up or move to top either moves a completely different file in the list order. I have tried sorting by every column but cannot get the actual download order to list.

• Tim

Tim - 2009-04-27

Filling in my blanks from the previous post. In this case, while the progress meter for a downloading file says "queued" the file one above this one (which is truly queued) disaplays 0% like if that one was the current downloading file (which it is not).

• Tim

Tim - 2009-04-27

More info on the download queue. The column data is mixed around and is not concordant to the other columns on same line. (This maybe only concerns the progress meter column). I have a rar volume downloaded named xxx.r01 but when I looked in the download folder... its not downloaded yet.

It would be grateful when selecting a folder for download to get the download queue order set by filenames ascending. In this case I was downloading a set of rar volumes and it started with far from the first volumes.

• DeathfireD

DeathfireD - 2009-04-27

ok first things first. The black graph has had bugs since it was first implemented way back in V1.0.5. When you minimize Alliance to system tray and then open Alliance up again, it stops working. We know about this but haven't had time to fix it yet. Thanks for pointing it out :).

Second, the download priority list does not stop a current queued download and start another one. Even if you move a download in front of the top item nothing will change. This will be fixed soon once we implement pause and start.

If a file is stuck on queue it's probably because you or your friend are using SSL which doesn't work correctly. SSL currently only allows one person to download at a time forcing the other person to get stuck in the queue stage. We are fixing this right now and with luck might be releasing BETA 3 with SSL fixes. Keep in mind if you have SSL on all of your friends need it on as well or else downloads and uploads will not work at all.

If the above are not related to your problems then please say so.

• NOTaMango

NOTaMango - 2009-04-27

I'm having a little trouble building this under OSX, as I've never done java appz before. Don't suppose you could toss out a bone and just put up a prebuilt one? :) Most of the people in my f2f net are macs.

Thanx,
         -Nate

• Tim

Tim - 2009-04-27

SSL is not the case, nore stopping a queued download. Ill try be more specific.

Case 1a
      Blue percentage meter (should I call it that?) of Row A says 0%.
      Row B is downloading, however percentage metet here says Queued.
      Row C shows the filename of Row B, while Row B is the filename of Row D.
      Etc etc.
      Its a mess. Like the column data has nothing to do with the row item. (Maybe this got mixed when sorting the rows by different columns)

Case 2
      There is no way to display the rows in the queued order. For example uTorrent shows #1, #2, #3 in a column for what number a download has in the queue. And u can click that column to see what file is going to be downloaded next.

I wish I could upload a screenshot.

• DeathfireD

DeathfireD - 2009-04-27

use imageshack.

PS. the sorting features haven't been touched since V1.0.3 of alliance so it's no surprise that everything gets messed up when you use them. We'll fool around with them and see if we can reproduce anything like what your going through.