Menu

AltGr as hotkey?

CHdub
2008-12-18
2012-07-19
  • CHdub

CHdub - 2008-12-18

I'd like to use the AltGr as my hotkey instead of the Ctl key (WinXP Pro). When I open the AllChars configuration dialog, there are a number of hotkey options but all are disabled except for Ctl, Shift and Esc.

The ini file lists a value of "17" for the HotKey using Ctl. Is there a value I can use for AltGr instead?

Thanks...

• Joachim Breuer

Joachim Breuer - 2008-12-19

This depends on the exact version of AllChars you're using; but from your description I'd say you need to check the "*nix Feel-Alike" to be able to use the greyed-out hotkey options.

• Carson

Carson - 2008-12-18

I don't have your answer, but I find your question interesting. Living in Canada, I used the US keyboard by default. It was not until I visited Costa Rica and had to deal with Spanish keyboards that I learned that Graphics keys even existed. There is an excellent Canadian keyboard layout that is much better too. Plus now we are seeing extra key functions on notebooks and subnotebooks.

But, as it suddenly struck me in a tiny internet café in Costa Rica, when I was hearing the loud lamentations of a noteamericano woman beside me--"What is WRONG with these people?!? Why can't they have keyboards like OURS, in the US?!?--the standard US keyboard layout is arguably one of the least useful in the world.