Menu

No Albums in list with Network Drive (NAS)

Cor
2007-07-30
2013-04-09
  • Cor

Cor - 2007-07-30

Use Albumlist already a couple years in a network (Win 2000) but has changed
    to a network Storage Device (nas) to place all of my MP3 albums there.
    But Albumlist remains empty.
    Does someone have any idea what is the problem here?

NAS : Sitecom MD-250 (http://www.sitecom.com/product.php?productname=Network+Drive&productcode=MD-250&productid=540)

Cor.

• Safai Ma

Safai Ma - 2007-07-30

How do you access the files on your NAS?

mapped drive?

• Cor

Cor - 2007-08-01

The drive is mapped and there are no problems opening the files whit other software
      The Winamp Library also shows al the files

In albumlist I have tried to options

T:\ \\netdrive\test  (surfing the network)

Have tried on different systems Windows XP (3x) and Windows 2000 (1x) same result

Cor.

• Safai Ma

Safai Ma - 2007-08-01

I tried accessing files on a mapped drive, it is working fine here. Anything else 'special'? Does it recognize them if copied to your local hard drive?

Maybe you can try the latest beta if you haven't already.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/albumlist/AlbumListv207b314.exe

• Cor

Cor - 2007-08-02

All of my MP3 albums are stored on a shared Hard Disk in a Windows 2000 server
      and the other 4 PC’s on the network using Albumlist and that works fine whit a mapped
      drive.

I removed de Hard Disk from the NAS and placed it in my PC it’s a normal IDE (p-ata)
      Western Digital (WD1200LB) Hard Drive.

I found out that the result is the same. Albumlist did not see any MP3 file, I fount out
      that when I formatted the drive whit Partition Magic and place the files back on the
      hard drive Albumlist works well, I restored the Hard Drive back in the NAS and the
      HD is not recognized by the NAS.

The Nas has its one Format tool and only works whit a FAT-32  partition therefore
      I think the problem is the format tool stored in the NAS.

The NAS has also a USB interface but Albumlist can’t still make a list.

I already try the latest beta version.

Any Ideas ??

Cor.

• Safai Ma

Safai Ma - 2007-08-02

The other possibility is that the attributes of the files are different. Albumlist skips all the hidden/system files.  Other than that, I have no clue at the moment.