revised draft of announcement:
(Team->team, website url, en_US spelling of behavior, we'll->we are going)
The akregator team is pleased to announce the release of akregator 1.0 beta7.
It can be found on the akregator website at http://akregator.sf.net/
* Archive size can be limited now: You can either set the maximum of
articles you want to keep or expire articles whose age exceeds a
* Keyboard behavior is now similar to KMail's. You can scroll the
article viewer via Up/Down, move in the feed list via Alt+Cursors,
* Improved combined view mode: Some bugs regarding switching views and
update were fixed. Also, rendering a feed with many articles should be
a lot faster now.
* The systray icon is optional now.
A warning to CVS users: We are going to refactor a lot of akregator's
code after this release, so be prepared that CVS could become unstable
for a while.
#85691 - added KMail-like key bindings -fo
- Advanced archive options: Limit article number, disable archive -fo
- Add "Fetch All Feeds" into context menu of trayicon -tpr
- Show position of the tray icon with image in dialog when
pressing the close button -tpr
- Display proper error message when no feed found in add feed -tpr
- make systray icon optional (Patch by Christof Musik,
- added "Export Feeds" function to export the standard feed list -fo
- Expiry support added -fo
#85409 - Resolve entities in feed titles -fo
#90671 - Shutdown properly hopefully fixes #89172 too -tpr
- Update combined view after fetching new articles (doesn't
work in group view yet) -fo