Menu

Features for next version of Akoie

2008-08-22
2013-04-17
  • Julian Stricker

Julian Stricker - 2008-08-22

Recently, I have released version 0.5 of my online image editor "Akoie". Because of the great interest and the many positive reactions, I'm already working on the next version. The new Version will use the Canvas tag to make possible a lot of new features for client-side image manipulation. This allows the free rotation of text and watermarks in smaller steps than 90°.
    Please feel free to post your wishes for the new version!

• test test

test test - 2008-11-02

hi there ;
      First i want to thank u for this great script .
      i am trying to install the scrip but i have some issue since the change made do not apply to the image

1) ImageMagick is installed
      2) Ext-JS 2.2 is also installed
      3) Chmod all folder to 777

here is  the test page :http://xtupload.com/imageeditor/test.html#

all work correctly except that the script do not apply change
      any idea how to fix it ??

• Julian Stricker

Julian Stricker - 2008-11-02

Hello!
        It seems that you have to enable the execution of the "exec" command in php:

<b>Warning</b>:  exec() has been disabled for security reasons in <b>/home/xtupload/public_html/imageeditor

/akoie/effektvorschau.php</b> on line <b>74</b><br />

• test test

test test - 2008-11-02

well many thanks ,
          i just re enabled Exec and the script worked out .
          Is there anyway to get the script working without exec , since en enabling this last will result in some security issues.
          Thanks

• Julian Stricker

Julian Stricker - 2008-11-02

There is a php-extension for Imagemagick ("Imagick"). It allows working with ImageMagick without "exec". But the extension is new and a little bit buggy. Also AIE needs some features of Imagemagick that are not yet supported in this extension. I will use this extension in a future version of AIE.

Julian

• test test

test test - 2008-11-02

Thanks for reply

I hope that u will release this new version soon .
        thanks so much.

• computerkidt

computerkidt - 2009-12-31

Maybe you could integrate your image editor into the file manager found here  your Image editor is much better then one they made but having the image editor in a file manager would be very sweet and super useful.

: http://www.phpletter.com/Demo/Ajax-File-Manager/

• anish chandran

anish chandran - 2010-07-05

Hai
            First i want to thank u for this great script .
    Can i possible to implement the image tagging in ajax image editor for this what i do plz reply me

• Julian Stricker

Julian Stricker - 2010-07-05

Hi Chandroo, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

• jerome

jerome - 2010-09-06

Is there any approximate release date for the new version ? Maybe a beta version to test ?

• Julian Stricker

Julian Stricker - 2010-09-09

I hope to release a beta version of the new AIE this fall.

• jeva

jeva - 2010-11-16

I've read about a new version comming so I wondered which improvements you made on the fantastic editor?
    Will it be able to do black and white, sepia… In short words : Can you provide some details about whats going to be new?

greetings

• jeva

jeva - 2010-11-17

If you want to add new languages, i'm willing to write dutch and french language files.

• Julian Stricker

Julian Stricker - 2010-11-18

The new version has all the filters that has the actual version, and some more. And it has a plugin-system, so you can write your own filters and plugins. It is quite easy to write a new plugin. The biggest improvement is that it uses the new html5 canvas tag so you can do stuff like free rotation (not only in 90° steps) and some image-manipulation on clientside. Now there is much more logic on clientside than on serverside. This makes AIE faster. The last days I worked a lot on the new version. If it goes on like this the new version will be released soon :-)
    Thank you very much for the language files, vanje.

• jeva

jeva - 2010-11-21

Now there is much more logic on clientside than on serverside.

Does this mean that imagemagic is no longer used?