0.8.5 Released

2012-02-20
2012-11-15
  • Philip Nicolcev

Philip Nicolcev - 2012-02-20

0.8.5 is released. This version finally has sound returning to chrome users.

In addition there are now html readme files included with all the versions, and a user submitted danish translation.

• Thomas

Thomas - 2012-02-27

I have now completely removed the chat and reinstalled it with the newest version. But the autoscroll-problem is still there. :S
    It scrolls down, but stops like 20px before bottom. Nothing you can think of that causes this? :(

• Akkarin

Akkarin - 2012-02-27

Have you ever tried to delete your browser's cache? ;-)

• Thomas

Thomas - 2012-02-27

Yup, ofc.

• gweilo8888

gweilo8888 - 2012-02-29

FYI, version 0.8.5 throws errors if you try to install from the package. (I unzipped directly on my Linux server, so it's not an FTP problem.) You get an "unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW" on the config.php file (think it was line 47; the list of languages) and if you edit that line to include only English, the install script runs, but you then get an "Extra content at the end of the document" error on trying to access the main script index.

I tried twice, then deleted and rolled back to 0.8.4, which installed just fine, so the problem is definitely newly introduced in 0.8.5.

• Patryk Derda

Patryk Derda - 2012-02-29

gweilo8888: got the same problem but i managed to remove also the list that is displayed with all the languages

$config['langAvailable'] = array('en');

that was at line 43 ;)

Also curious how you do enable Iframes inside the chat, cause i programmed the whole chat to allow posting of videos from youtube ;) that is kinda what i wanna have on ajax chat, that you can post the video ;)

replaceBBCodeVideo: function(content, attribute) {
            var url;
            if(attribute)
                url = attribute.replace(/\s/gm, this.encodeText(' '));
            else
                url = this.stripBBCodeTags(content.replace(/\s/gm, this.encodeText(' ')));
            if (!arguments.callee.regExpUrl) {
                arguments.callee.regExpUrl = new RegExp(
                    '^(?:(?:http)|(?:https)|(?:ftp)|(?:irc)):\\/\\/',
                    ''
                );
            }
            if(!url || !url.match(arguments.callee.regExpUrl))
                return content;
            return  '<iframe width="520" height="3" src="'
                    + url
                    + '" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>';
        },

that is the code for the bbcode, all you need to add to is inside chat.js case 'vid' like the case 'img' and also inside the loggedin.html you need to add all codes as for images ;)

All i really want now is the iframes to be enabled, sort of site is not allowing iframes, maybe because im running behind phpbb3, but it should been allowed ;) testing later on with the possibilities on plain chat how it works with the script i wrote ;), it's not 100% good but it's nearly what you need to have for the video posting ;)

Will also post this as an modification later the next week if everything will go smoothly for the modification ;)

• Patryk Derda

Patryk Derda - 2012-02-29

I was kinda stupid about that video thing, cause it actually worked for me adding in the codes, but it refreshes each time someone got to post an new message, how to not refresh page? but still add an message without refreshing?, anyways if somebody could work on the video posting feature for ajax chat, that would be cool, cause you cant actually post a video on ajax chat cause it refreshes the page each time somebody posts a message ;)

• Philip Nicolcev

Philip Nicolcev - 2012-03-01

Thanks for reporting the languages issue. I thought I'd run through all the tests before zipping the files but I'll take a look and fix it if I find it.

• Philip Nicolcev

Philip Nicolcev - 2012-03-01

Oh there it is. There's an arrow => instead of a comma on line 47 at the danish language 'dk'

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks