Aymanghost - 2012-06-15

Important: What still needs to be entered is output of remote avatars. This is not yet supported. When I have time I do this even

As first we need to add two new columns in the database tables ajax_chat_messages and ajax_chat_online

ALTER TABLE `ajax_chat_messages` ADD `userColour` VARCHAR( 6 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `userRole` 
ALTER TABLE `ajax_chat_online` ADD `userColour` VARCHAR( 6 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `userRole`

then we need the avatar_salt value from the table phpbb_config (it must be in phpMyAdmin enabled ,,show blob contents ").
We read the needed value using the following SELECT statement:

SELECT *
FROM `phpbb_config`
WHERE `config_name` LIKE 'avatar_salt'
LIMIT 0 , 30

The output of the SELECT statement, we need now to create a GIF image in the directory:

/images/avatars/upload

This image is needed to display a default NO avatar for users that have no avatar
The GIF file must be named as follows:

$avatar_salt_1.gif

Thereby just replace $avatar_salt by the value from the above SELECT statement.

Now we come to the files CustomAJAXChat.php and AJAXChat.php in the directory /chat/lib/class
Their content must be Completely replaced by the code whose link I will post here. Therefore, you should backup your original files.

AJAXChat.php**
CustomAJAXChat.php**

And we still need in the directory /chat at last the additional file:
userid_avatar.php**

After all the changes it is still absolutely necessary to empty the browser cache!**

I hope I have not forgotten anything.
Please post comments and suggestions.