Adding a small User icon on username

2009-12-02
2012-11-15
  • Riccardo Paladino

Hi all, i want know if is possible to add a small icon at the left of any Username. In the User list and also in the message list.

I need this because i have implemented the Facebook Connector, so user can login with their facebook account, and i want add a icon for these user.

For now when a user login with facebook account, the username is automatically modified in: Username_(Facebook)

I need to know where is the file for render usernames in the usernamelist and messagelist, so i can add the icon.

Think is possible, because if admins can have a colored username, there is a html code for color it, and i can add my color or my icon, but cant find where!

The var i created to check if is a Facebook user is in CustomAJAXChat.php, and there the username is modified.

But i think i need to create and pass the var to js and let the js modify the username, but dont know how.

If any1 can help me, or give me some info, Thanks!

(Sorry if write error, i dont speak english very well)

• Rene Vihol

Rene Vihol - 2009-12-04

>

* Unknown post id, it may have expired or been deleted

Can you re-post it in other place?
    The link you provided is not working :)

: http://pastebin.com/d53fdc477

• Riccardo Paladino

Hi, i see has been deleted, damn. i'll re-post soon.. i need to rewrite all because i've not saved :(

• Yaniv L

Yaniv L - 2009-12-08

This is awesome man thank!

I had some problems with it, seems that the user menu
    wasn't working also, but I have fixed it. :)

• Roger Nordseth

Roger Nordseth - 2010-01-02

So how did you fix it as this is something i want to make on our chat

• Leesester

Leesester - 2010-01-28

Excellent - I will be adding this to my chat

• edwinx

edwinx - 2010-03-11

The icons are gone, where can i download them?

• Anonymous - 2010-04-23

Hi all

To the original poster the code doesn't work I am using the latest version can you tell me what version is this for, or could you check your code, because I couldn't make it work, the line codes are there but when I paste your code and edit the css it doesn't show up anything.. firefox gives error… I hope the modder still around ..

• Rene Vihol

Rene Vihol - 2010-04-23

It works for me and I am using the newest version of ajax chat.

• Anonymous - 2010-04-24

Can you tell me what you 've done , because I followed the instruction and didn't work, my version is ajax_chat-0.8.3 can you give the chat.js and the style sheet.. please Dont know if got to do with notepad++ I will really appreciate…. 
    Its a shame I cant integrate to wordpress I was thinking to try socket server …. but man cant get to integrate…

• Rene Vihol

Rene Vihol - 2010-04-24

Write to me in this e-mail: de7ilx (at) gmail (dot) com
    Write there your MSN and I will help you.

• Tommy Villumsen

Tommy Villumsen - 2010-05-22

Is it possible that you can help me with the code for integrating the Facebook Connector into this chat-script? :)

Thanks in advance :)

• Daniel André Johansen

I need an updated script for this please.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks