Menu

Insects and Bugs

Wildlife
Dave Kerr
2003-06-21
2013-04-25
  • Dave Kerr

Dave Kerr - 2003-06-21

Ladybugs, butterflies, bees, ants, and other bugs would be nice on aiplanet.

I have found some models on 3DCafe.com, but need more/optimized models.  Any artists out there?

• Aaron Hochwimmer

That would be cool. Might even need a 'hive' community for bees and ants?

• Aaron Hochwimmer

The screenshots of the revised lady bug model look fantastic.

• Dave Kerr

Dave Kerr - 2003-06-22

Yeah its great to finally have a model with color/texture :) :)

I put an ant into the CVS.  I also have a bee model and some other insects but they are very high poly. 

I was thinking of a "SwarmCommunity" for insects.  Since they are smaller they would be faster and not concerned about avoiding each other, but simply fly alot around the center of the flock.

I think ants would be a good insect to have.  Lets say, there is a queen ant for each community (a morphed model of the ant), that picks a tree and sticks by it.  It produces ants, which search for food and bring it back to the queen.  Not very realistic but gotta start with a simple model that works before going gung ho.

Bees would require a beehive and flowers.  A post 1.0 creature.

• Ant

Ant - 2009-04-03

I think there should be two varieties of ants, one more aggressive and very much prefers meat, the other fruit, and more docile. And they are very aggressive to each other, a rivalry of sorts. And to go with this, we could include a basic caste system.

Queen:The largest ant, she creates eggs and is the center point for the whole colony. Model is morphed from the normal model from a general enlargement and and then further enlargement of the abdomen.

Soldier:Powerful warriors, more health and attack power, inclined to fight opposing animals. Model is morphed with a slight enlargement and more pronounced jaws.

Worker:Most numerous caste, low health, but good lifting power. Base model

This could be expanded to a third species that ranches aphids for food.