Timed out?

2007-03-21
2013-04-22
  • Jimmy Tseng

Jimmy Tseng - 2007-03-21

I was trying the program out (GUI). So after getting it working, I found that a few questions would cause the program to "time out". Here's copied from the program:

You: hi

Bot: Hello there.

You: what is your name?

WARNING! Request timeout. User: DefaultUser raw input: "WHAT IS YOUR NAME"

Bot: ERROR: The request has timed out.

I don't know if this is because I'm using Vista (I already tried running as Administrator) or a bug in the program. Thanks!

• Nicholas Tollervey

Jimmy,

The quick fix is to remove line 176 of the Substitutions.xml file (<item name=" YOU R " value=" you are " />). There is a slight problem with the regex when doing the substitutions. I'll fix it and make a quick release by the end of the week.

Nicholas

• Jimmy Tseng

Jimmy Tseng - 2007-03-22

That fix didn't work, but using "ur" instead actually works. There's a few other problems.

You: do you have a girlfriend?

Bot: none.

You: do you have a boyfriend?

WARNING! Request timeout. User: DefaultUser raw input: "WHO IS YOUR are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are are BOYFRIEND"

Bot: ERROR: The request has timed out.

i tried all the other settings, don't think theres any other problems?

• Nicholas Tollervey

Jimmy,

Thanks for your invaluable help in finding these bugs. It definitely looks like the latest changes introduced some bugs that the existing suite of unit tests failed to catch (corner cases).

Keep them coming!

Best wishes,

Nicholas