Finally, the long-promised release of Aigaion version 1.2 is there. We are very happy to see that, since our 1.1 release in July, so many users have not only tried out our system, but also took serious time out to tell us what they like about it and what could be improved. We would like to extend a big thank you to all the people pointing out problems as well as contributing solutions via our sourceforge page. Thank you!
The latest version of Aigaion can be downloaded through our sourceforge site on http://aigaion.sourceforge.net/
A (non-exhaustive) list of things that have been changed in this version:
- added html/rtf/txt export with multiple style support
- added database backup and restore function
- added set of aigaion maintenance functions, including update-checks
- added 'merge similar authors' function
- added fancy database and author statistics
- improved search functionality:
- specialchar independent
- search on multiple keywords
- bugfixes on
- external attachments
- bibtex and RIS import parsing
- many other things...
- improved the help pages
- added support for DOI (see http://doi.org and switch on through site configuration page...)
- improved handling of author names
- and many other smaller and larger things...