From: Alex deVries <alexthepuffin@gm...> - 2008-03-28 16:54:02
I'm interested in people's experiences with afpfs-ng 0.8.1. I usually
get an increase in private mail reporting bugs after a release, but
now I'm not. This is interesting because there's a significant
increase in downloads.
There's a few possibilities here:
- it actually just works; I know prebuilt .deb packages have helped
with this quite a bit
- people are using afpcmd instead of fuse, which is less error prone
- most people just give up since it doesn't work for them at the start
I'm realistic in thinking that most afpfs-ng bugs are never reported.
As for current development, there's a few Apple security problems I've
found in doing AFP development (one was the Airport Extreme
vulnerability) that have taken time. Other subprojects are:
- KDE interface (I'm now well on my way, now that I've learned a bit
- gtk interface (I'm waiting for GIO to settle down a bit)
- time machine interfaces (recovery, backup), this isn't very well
- spotlight interfaces
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.