Menu

error message

boford
2003-09-03
2003-09-05
  • boford

boford - 2003-09-03

any idea what this error message means

/usr/local/bin/aethera.bin: relocation error: /lib/libnss_compat.so.2: symbol _nss_files_parse_pwent, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link
    time reference

• Ross Jones

Ross Jones - 2003-09-03

Looks like a library incompatability problem to me (although I may be wrong), possibly to do with things being compiled against the wrong version of  glibc.

What might be useful is the output from
      gcc --version ? and/or a newer version of libnss*.

Just a thought, hopefully someone else will give you a proper answer.

• Eugen C.

Eugen C. - 2003-09-03

Did you install thekompany-support package too ?

• boford

boford - 2003-09-03

ya ive installed the xft support package

noname:~$ gcc --version

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-09-03

I've had this same error trying to run the Aethera 1.0 rpm on my Mandrake 9 machine. Since then I've tried getting it compiled and failed. I posted the details on the tkc mailing list and mantis. So far, no one has had any solution to the compile errors which occur with the korelib include files. I can run the Aethera 1.0 rpm on a Redhat 8 machine, but I really don't want to run Redhat just to run Aethera.

• Ross Jones

Ross Jones - 2003-09-04

davernot: I noticed the bug report for your error and it seemed initially to fail with

/usr/local/include/kore/metainfo.h:10:20: config.h: No such file or directory

I'm just guessing (haven't seen the build env) but do you need to run ./configure before make ?

• Eugen C.

Eugen C. - 2003-09-04

To fix that error you have to copy the file config.h from korelib directory in /usr/local/include/kore (or where did you install korelib include files).

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-09-04

Thanks Eugen,
      I guess I should not have reported this as an Aethera bug. Is this something that should be changed with the Korelib installation, or added as a note in the Aethera README?

David

• Eugen C.

Eugen C. - 2003-09-05

It's related to Korelib.