Menu

BUG: Horizontal scrolling in mail view

Eron Lloyd
2002-04-04
2002-04-05
  • Eron Lloyd

Eron Lloyd - 2002-04-04

When in the mail view, it's impossible to scroll across in the message listings to view or sort by the hidden columns. The subject column seems to be unnecessarily long, and pushes the rest of the columns out of reach. Also, the other columns seem to be too wide, like the "Read/Unread Message" column, which is over twice as wide as the icon. Could these be more compact?

I know I should probably report bugs using the tracker here on SF, but I'm not sure that it's being used much at all. Everything is still open, and nothings been assigned to anyone. It doesn't really matter which one, I just want to make sure that reports get through. The Bug tracker should probably be setup properly and used if we're going to be hosted here.

Thanks,

Eron

• Eron Lloyd

Eron Lloyd - 2002-04-04

Two more addendums: After shifting stuff around a bit, I was able to resize all the columns to have a comfortable setup to see everything I was interested in. Seeing if it would stick, I restarted, and it reverted. Interface settings such as that should be persistant.

Also, the status column seems a bit redundant: if a message is unread, it then is bold, has a closed envelope icon, and it's status says "New". I vote to just remove the Status column. In fact, would it be possible to edit which columns show up in the list? That would probably be the best solution. I could even imagine providing a way to add custom columns that would display a specified header, like X-MAILER or something.

Regards,

Eron

• Eugen C.

Eugen C. - 2002-04-05

Hi Eron,
        I have got your bug report and ideas.
        I will think about customizing mails list view and I hope to do it till 1.0
        Thanks,
        Eug