Menu

Is Aethera Open Source?

2002-07-06
2002-07-16
  • Aaron Siegel

Aaron Siegel - 2002-07-06

Hello
    Is Aethera Open Source? I see that the source is licensed under GPL. The source to tkwidget does not seem to be available. If it is does anyone know where I can get it?  It wouldn't bother me if it isn't open source, we all need to make money some way or another, I will just look for a different project.

Thank you

• Eugen C.

Eugen C. - 2002-07-12

Hi,
      I have just uploaded the SRPM package for Aethera.
      I don't know why you need the sources for tkwidgets but I have used it to have Aethera looking good.
      BTW: You don't have to pay for using it with Aethera.
      Regards,
      Eug

• Aaron Siegel

Aaron Siegel - 2002-07-15

Hello
      I am a BSD user, I am trying to aviod using Linux binaries when possible.  

Thank you, 
      AJ

• Aaron Siegel

Aaron Siegel - 2002-07-15

Hello
      I have the entire libs directory compiled. It took a little adjusting, all the -lqt in the Makefiles had to be changed to -lqt-mt, the #ifdef for identifying the OS did not work in libs/aethera/names.cpp I just removed them  and the src/Makefile D_THREAD_SAFE was added to CFLAGS and -pthread was added to LIBS. Hopefully I will have time after August to create  more permanent fixes for these problems and place them in the FreeBSD ports collection. (I should be doing something else right now.) 

I am now getting a bunch of errors telling me that the classes define by the tkwidgets are undefined  I am fairly inexperienced, can I build the shared libraries from the header files alone?  I have a lot to learn.

Thank you

AJ

• Eugen C.

Eugen C. - 2002-07-15

Hi,
        For changing the compile parameters you should use the pro files or better the pri file.
        Ex: It's enough to add 'thread' to the CONFIG line from aethera.pri files (aethera/aethera.pri) for compile it with thread support. qmake should generate the right Makefile.
        The same way can be used to add 'debug' information.
        Regards,
        Eug

• Aaron Siegel

Aaron Siegel - 2002-07-16

Hello
      I add 'qt thread debug' to the pro files in each dir, I tried creating the defines.pri it did not work.
      I believe I found an error in the libs/aethera/names.cpp on line 150
      domain=ubuf.__domainname;
      according to the uname man(FreeBSD) the utsname contains the member nodename to refer to the  "Network name of this machine" not __domainname.

I am still having trouble compiling the program the following is the list of errors I recieved. Are the shared libraries for the tkwidgets are platform dependent?  It does appear that I need chage some subroutine calls.

Thank you
      AJ

g++ -pthread -o aethera.bin aetheraupdate.o  basicitem.o  basictreeitem.o  main.o    -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-rp
      ath,/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib ../libs/clientskel/libclientskel.a ../libs/kommanager/li
      bkommanager.a ../libs/server/libserver.a ../libs/mailparsers/libmailparsers.a ../libs/protocols/libprotocols.
      a ../libs/attributes/libattributes.a ../libs/plugins/mailfilter/libmailfilter.a ../libs/setupwizard/libsetupw
      izard.a -L../libs/aethera -laethera -L../libs/eyelib -leyelib -L../libs/tino -ltino -L/usr/local/lib -lkore -
      L/lib/ -ltkwidgets -ltkcssl -lqt-mt -lXext -lX11 -lm
      /usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  setkey(3) not present in the system!
      /usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: this program uses gets(), which is unsafe.
      /usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
      /usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  des_setkey(3) not present in the system!
      /usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  encrypt(3) not present in the system!
      /usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: tmpnam() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
      /usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: this program uses f_prealloc(), which is not recommended.
      /usr/lib/libc.so.4: WARNING!  des_cipher(3) not present in the system!
      /usr/lib/libc.so.4: warning: tempnam() possibly used unsafely; consider using mkstemp()
      /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libqt.so.3, needed by /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so, not found (try using -rpa
      th or -rpath-link)
      /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3, needed by /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so, not found (
      try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
      /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libm.so.6, needed by /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so, not found (try using -rpat
      h or -rpath-link)
      /usr/libexec/elf/ld: warning: libc.so.6, needed by /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so, not found (try using -rpat
      h or -rpath-link)
      /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so: undefined reference to `getenv@GLIBC_2.0'
      /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so: undefined reference to `QFontMetrics::~QFontMetrics(void)'
      /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so: undefined reference to `QCursor::~QCursor(void)'
      /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so: undefined reference to `Qt::ibeamCursor'
      /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so: undefined reference to `QFrame virtual table'
      /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so: undefined reference to `QString::shared_null'
      /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so: undefined reference to `QGList::~QGList(void)'
      /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so: undefined reference to `QDomNode::~QDomNode(void)'
      /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so: undefined reference to `strcmp@GLIBC_2.0'
      /usr/local/lib/libtkwidgets.so: undefined reference to `Qt::black'