EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroComm WriteData error

Help
2012-08-16
2013-05-30
  • rubenalfonso

rubenalfonso - 2012-08-16

I have a simple ADAM 6156 hardware, i arrive to connect and get an outpout value with : _EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroComm.ReadAny("B0:0/1"); i get a "False" reponse. But when i try to write with _EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroComm.WriteData("B0:0/1", "1");  i get an error "No Data Returned",

I new in that maybe is a configuration problem.

Thanks in avance..

Ruben

• ian

ian - 2012-08-16

this does not look like a valid plc address to me!. try B3:0/0 for example and see how that goes.

• rubenalfonso

rubenalfonso - 2012-08-16

Thanks for your reponse. I tested without results. Now i have for read  fEthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroComm.ReadAny("B3:0/0") and for write fEthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroComm.WriteData("B3:0/0","1") and the behavior is the same.

• Archie

Archie - 2012-08-16

I am guessing the Adam module is an Ethernet/IP adapter and needs an IO scanner for connection. AdvancedHMI uses the Ethernet/IP commands that are very specific to the Allen Bradley PLCs. Unless the module emulates an AB PLC, AdvancedHMI cannot connect to it.

• rubenalfonso

rubenalfonso - 2012-08-17

In the ADAM 6156 specification it say that's i can connect the module to Ethernet/IP master device, such as Allen-Bradley PLC, by Ethernet/IP protocol. I will try all possible PLC adress : O:000, N7:0, etc… For read function is ok usign a EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroComm object but in write function i obtain the same error.

• Archie

Archie - 2012-08-17

You will need a CompactLogix or ControlLogix with Ethernet to act as a master device (scanner) for the Adam module. AdvancedHMI will then communicate with the PLC, not directly with the Adam module.