• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-01-04

I'm reading a controller tag - an array of 10 reals, 40 bytes - using the EthernetIPforCLXComm driver and a CompactLogix L32E.  The string array that is returned has 20 elements, probably the hi and low words of each real.

Is there a better way to handle this?  The call  is ReadAny( "MyRealArray", 1).  MyRealArray is a controller tag, of a user-defined type that is an array of 10 reals.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-01-06

I can work around the last issue, but I have two other problems and a two observations.

1. I cannot write to LINT tags. Floats (Reals) are OK.
    2. No error is thrown if I write to a non-existent tag.

OB1. The array StringVals created in WriteData in EthernetIPforCLXComm is 1 element too long.  Step through and watch to see it. 
    OB2: Will you be adding any controls that write other than Boolean data?

Thanks for all your efforts on these free drivers and HMI code.  I use your DF1Comm MicroLogix driver constantly and it is great.  This is my attempt to use the CLX side.

• Archie

Archie - 2012-01-06

The array of reals has been fixed in the driver for the next major release (version 4). I will add these other 2 items to the list to get fixed.

Some of the controls, such as the BasicLabel, have a property PLCAddressEntry. If a PLC address is entered in that property, a keypad will popup when clicked that allows you to enter other than boolean values.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-01-06

Thanks Archie.

• ian

ian - 2012-07-29

when will version 4 that you mention be available please.

• Archie

Archie - 2012-07-30

Version 4 will not be available until sometime 2013