Expressions of Interest: Maintainer required

2005-11-20
2013-04-15
  • Robert Foster

Robert Foster - 2005-11-20

Hi everybody,
    I would like to find out how many people are still relying on the Finisar.SQLite implementation, and how many are intending to move to the newer System.Data.SQLite implementation currently available only for dotNet 2.0.

There are presently a few issues with upgrading, but these are currently being addressed, and I anticipate that upgrading to the new provider will be fairly painless when you go to dotNet 2.0.  See
    http://sqlite.phxsoftware.com/forums/264/ShowPost.aspx for more details.

As for myself, I haven't had time in the better part of the last 3 months or so to maintain this project, and am likely to move to the newer dotNet 2.0 soon anyway.  So my interest in this project is waning.
    There are also several limitations inherent with the design of this implementation that won't be easy to overcome without a significant investment of time for coding.

So if anyone is interested in becoming an admin on this project and taking it further, now's your chance.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'd be interested in seeing continued support for a while longer. I'm anticipating moving to .NET 2.0 sometime, but can't at the moment because my applications are dependent on other libraries that are only 1.1 compatible.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm still using the Finisar provider for all my ASP.NET dev.

I've fixed the multiple update bug (database locked errors) and compiled the source myself.

Works like a dream and it would be a shame for this project to die.

However, the move to ASP.NET 2.0 is just around the corner and so I'll probably switch to the ADO.NET V2.0 provider soon.

• Peter Bromberg

Peter Bromberg - 2005-12-21

I still use 1.1,  but I suspect that the Finisar is mature enough at this point so that much maintenance will not be necessary.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Is there a simple way to get all the latest source code (including any recent bug fixes) as a single (zip) file?

I would like to compile it up myself.

Thanks.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks