Suggestion: modular ADOdb Lite

Vygi
2005-06-24
2013-04-11
  • Vygi

Vygi - 2005-06-24

Hello here,

I would like to propose additional modules ("add-ons") for ADOdbLite.

The simplest form could be a new, extended class, derived (ist this a right word?..) from the original one.

Eg. I have used my own class with $db->RetAll/GetOne/GetRow methods at the very beginning (thanks for implementig this in the core).

Some useful add-ons:

- debugging support (ADOdb's $db->debug = true).
    These debugging capabilities could be enabled by using an extended class, eg. "$db = ADONewDebugConnection('databasetype');"

- DB-based session management
    This could be an additiobnal include file with ADOdbLite-compatible DB-based session management. I'm currently using such simple module consisting of less than 50 PHP lines and it seems to work reliable and fast.

• Mark Dickenson

Mark Dickenson - 2005-06-25

I think that is a great idea. :)

I would love to see some other programmers get involved with extending ADOdb Lite.  I would like to see as little new code as possible added to the code program and driver.  What I would like to see are modules that are only loaded when they are needed.  That is the real trick. :)

• Mark Dickenson

Mark Dickenson - 2005-06-26

I have just released a new version that properly impliments the extended class for the ADOConnection.  This change should make it easier to add the features you are asking about.

• Vygi

Vygi - 2005-07-04

BTW here is a simple but good example how to implement your own session management handler:

http://www.hudzilla.org/phpbook/read.php/10_3_7

I have adopted this script and use it as a short (40 lines) include in my ADOdbLite project. It works very well!

The sources on hudzilla.org aren't copyrighted: "You are granted the right [..] to use the source code presented in your own work, whether commercial or otherwise".

• Mark Dickenson

Mark Dickenson - 2005-07-15

Hmmm....  Looks interesting...

I will look into adding that to a future release.  I just have to rewrite it to support the same initialization and functions that the ADOdb session manager uses.

Thanks for posting the link. :)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks