Using Editor with PostgreSQL

Help
2011-03-30
2013-06-06
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I see the Editor says it will work with PostgreSQL (ad Adminer does), and I downloaded the first version (not the Editor for MySQL version).  I've created an index.php per the example.  But how do I tell it to use PostgreSQL?

Thanks

• Anonymous - 2011-04-15

Documentation is vague, author assumes you can figure it out by yourself. He is presenting it as an alternative to PhpMyAdmin which has been around for years but Adminer does not even come close.

• Jakub Vrána

Jakub Vrána - 2011-04-17

Currently, using Adminer Editor with other database systems is little tricky. You have to define own loginForm method specifying the driver. Like this:

function loginForm() {
        ?>
    <table cellspacing="0">
    <tr><th><?php echo lang('Username'); ?><td><input type="hidden" name="driver" value="pgsql"><input type="hidden" name="server" value="localhost"><input id="username" name="username" value="<?php echo h($_GET["username"]);  ?>">
    <tr><th><?php echo lang('Password'); ?><td><input type="password" name="password">
    </table>
    <?php
        echo "<p><input type='submit' value='" . lang('Login') . "'>\n";
        echo checkbox("permanent", 1, $_COOKIE["adminer_permanent"], lang('Permanent login')) . "\n";
    }

• Jakub Vrána

Jakub Vrána - 2011-04-17

You would probably also need to create the database method.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks