No extension

Bosnjanac
2014-08-28
2014-08-30
  • Bosnjanac

Bosnjanac - 2014-08-28

Hi all, i want to use Adminer for MS SQL.

When i try to connect i got error:

None of the supported PHP extensions (SQLSRV, MSSQL) are available.

Can you help me?

Best regards

• Bosnjanac

Bosnjanac - 2014-08-29

I am kind new with this, can you explain to me.

I need more details.

Best regards.

• Paul

Paul - 2014-08-29

More details?

BOTH links that Jakub provided, offer: "Installing/Configuring" details.

One of those need to be installed to your PHP installation to support your DB need.

Last edit: Paul 2014-08-29
  • Bosnjanac

Bosnjanac - 2014-08-30

I understand that i need to install The SQL Server Driver for PHP on my SQL server. I don`t understand what i need to add in php.ini file. Is it just extension=php_mssql.dll to php.ini file or is something more.

• Paul

Paul - 2014-08-30

Know that I don't have MSSQL, but what from what I can tell from the config info, yes, and that dll file must exist in the PHP/ext directory, wherever this might be located on your system.

If not already done, ANY php.ini changes requires a restart of webserver.

Unfortunately, getting the "right" MSSQL config/driver has been a headache for many, because not only is the dll needed, PHP also claims:

To get these functions to work, you have to compile PHP with --with-mssql[=DIR] , where DIR is the FreeTDS install prefix. And FreeTDS should be compiled using --enable-msdblib

However, depending on you system, you might be able to install a module to PHP without needing to compile.

Other than that, all I can say is to look through the various responses at the PHP site and check/try some things found in the comments from others that helped them get it working.

Also, see the specifics here:
    http://php.net/manual/en/mssql.requirements.php

..to see what might apply for the system that you have. Another dll could be needed.

Last edit: Paul 2014-08-30

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks