How to handle Multiple BOMs

2014-06-28
2014-08-18
  • Burhan Ur Rehman

Hi,
    I've a single product which will be manufactured in different sizes and each size has different quantities of components used. Whenever I try to create a Manufacturing Order it only pick up the BOM which has a same search key as manufacturing workflows and product.

I've following queries;
    Is it possible to create sub BOM?
    If yes, how to include all of these into a single manufacturing order or create a sub manufacturing order?

Please help in resolving this issue.
    Thanks.

• Trifon (An ADempiere founder)

Hi,

If yes, how to include all of these into a single manufacturing order or create a sub manufacturing order?

ADempiere supports multiple BOM per manufactured product. You can define them in the window "Product", tab "BOM" or window "Bill of Materials & Formula".

When ADempiere creates automatically "Manufacturing Order" from "Sales Order" then it uses the default BOM(BOM with the same Key as product key), but if you want to use another BOM then you can create Manufacturing Order manually or modify the source code to select appropriate BOM.

Kind regards,
    Trifon

• Burhan Ur Rehman

Thanks Trifon for your response:)

I've tried adding manually but only one BOM can be selected at a time.

Is there any possibility to create Master/Parent manufacturing order for default BOM and Sub/Child manufacturing order for other BOMs of same product?

Also if I've missed an item to include in BOM or at a time of issuing components using "Order Receipt & Issue" window I've found that one products should either be replaced or needs to be added. How to issue that specific component and made part of that particular manufacturing order?

Thanks.

• Burhan Ur Rehman

Still looking for support team response.

• Trifon (An ADempiere founder)

Dear Burhan,

Still looking for support team response.

Supports teams are usually working on paid customer requests and that's why they are busy.

Please do your research or ask for paid support if you are experiencing urgent issue.

Regards,
    Trifon

• Victor Perez Juarez

Hi Burhan,

Adempiere Manufacturing support alternate BOM, so you can have multiples BOM for a product, if you need release an manufacturing order, then create a manufacturing order using of alternate BOM or workflow and you changed to status to in process,after you can remove the standard order.

If you need have a BOM with multiples levels ADempiere using component to link other BOM that have of same search key product, if you are using MRP planning then you can set of alternate BOM in planning data information, you can define an alternate BOM using setting by organización , plan and warehouse.
    If you need explode diferrent levels in manufacturing order , then you can defined a component in BOM parent as phanthom, this way ADempiere explode next level of course considering of quantities from BOM parent

now if you need that ADempiere create an material explosion for all levels of a BOM and create manufacturing order for finish good product and assembly product and material requisition to raw material then you need implement MRP.

kind regards
    Victor Perez
    e-Evolution