Send Mail Text error. AD 3.6.0.

• Ángel Campos

Ángel Campos - 2010-08-11

Hello. I’m trying to send emails to a certain number of business partners filtered by interest areas and/or business partner groups. I’ve configured my adempiere setup with my gmail account information (SMTP server, email account, user and password) and i successfully received a mail at the building of the system and the server startup, but still I’m not able to get the Send Mail Text process working. I keep getting this error:

-----------> MClient.createEMail: From EMail incomplete: MUser[1000000,Name=AdamantioAdmin,EMailUserID=null] (Adamantio C.A.) [11]
    -----------> MIssue.set_ValueNoCheck: ReleaseNo - Value too long - truncated to length=4 [11]
    ===========> SendMailText.process: java.lang.NullPointerException [11]
        at org.compiere.process.SendMailText.sendIndividualMail(
        at org.compiere.process.SendMailText.sendBPGroup(
        at org.compiere.process.SendMailText.doIt(
        at org.compiere.process.SvrProcess.process(
        at org.compiere.process.SvrProcess.startProcess(
        at org.adempiere.util.ProcessUtil.startJavaProcess(
        at org.adempiere.util.ProcessUtil.startJavaProcess(
        at org.compiere.apps.ProcessCtl.startProcess(

I’ve entered the destination email in the Contact tab of the Business Partner window. Any help?

• Michael Judd

Michael Judd - 2010-08-11

Perhaps your subject line is empty ? Not a pretty way to brawk is it ?

• Teo Sarca

Teo Sarca - 2010-08-11

As the error says:
    -------> MClient.createEMail: From EMail incomplete: MUser (Adamantio C.A.)

… Open User window, go to user AdamantioAdmin and fill EMail User ID and EMail User Password fields. For this user you need an internal email account on your SMTP server.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
    Teo Sarca

• Ángel Campos

Ángel Campos - 2010-08-12

Hi, many thanks for helping so promptly!

Mike, I did fill a "header" (I think) field in the email template window, is that the one you mean?

Teo, I just did what you suggested, now I think that adempiere sent the email because the Send Mail Text process shows a results page where I can see that it "created" a number of emails. I think that was the solution.

A couple of questions though:

Is it possible to use gmail as an SMTP server for this kind of task? I’m asking this because I didn’t received the email that apparently was sent.

I configured my email information on the AD setup and it would seem like it would use that one as a default in case that the user selected on "From User" didn’t work or wasn’t used. Is this correct?

By the way, the server didn't show any messages as I did that, I mean in the console it was running.

Thank you so much for your help!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks